John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project said:
smiles said:
yes, you're right media statements aren't important PMSL....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1125514_cook_plea_for_patience" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r_patience</a>

Strawman argument. This has nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

Completely to the contrary mr marketing, Mr Cook obviously feels making a statement is important, especially as 'things are going on'.
The fact the statement is simply to ask the fans to be patient just further proves my point.

I'm following the betting market on him leaving Chelsea on Betfair and someone is trying to get a bet laid of nearly £1500 on him staying at odds of 1/4, so if money talks it's not looking good.

Also, this was probably discussed earlier somehwere but I can't see it. What is the consensus about Mike Whalley's comments about the Terry situation in his MEN article today? Do we think he's guessing about the improved deal Chelsea are about to make? Haven't seen many other journos claiming to know what's going on.

Meanwhile, Mark Hughes' audacious £35m bid for John Terry was at the centre of talks the England skipper is having with Chelsea bosses, who are set to raise his pay from £130,000 a week to ward off City's interest.

Terry takes home around £20,000 a week less than team-mate Frank Lampard, but Chelsea are set to level that up with an improved deal for the 28-year-old centre-back.

Regular Joe said:
I'm following the betting market on him leaving Chelsea on Betfair and someone is trying to get a bet laid of nearly £1500 on him staying at odds of 1/4, so if money talks it's not looking good.

Also, this was probably discussed earlier somehwere but I can't see it. What is the consensus about Mike Whalley's comments about the Terry situation in his MEN article today? Do we think he's guessing about the improved deal Chelsea are about to make? Haven't seen many other journos claiming to know what's going on.

Meanwhile, Mark Hughes' audacious £35m bid for John Terry was at the centre of talks the England skipper is having with Chelsea bosses, who are set to raise his pay from £130,000 a week to ward off City's interest.

Terry takes home around £20,000 a week less than team-mate Frank Lampard, but Chelsea are set to level that up with an improved deal for the 28-year-old centre-back.

Interesting. A £1500 bet suggests that a punter is in the know...............

Regular Joe said:

I'd bet that Mike Whalley (like MEN has been doing for a while)...are using info that is already reported before putting together an article like that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brydon_18612t.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/uploa ... 18612t.jpg</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/847.$plit/C_71_article_1125514_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?10%2F07%2F2009%2011%3A11%3A39%3A319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/847.$plit/C_71 ... 3A39%3A319</a>

Can't figure out how to put pics on, but a crackin lookalikey...

smiles said:
Project said:
smiles said:
yes, you're right media statements aren't important PMSL....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1125514_cook_plea_for_patience" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r_patience</a>

Strawman argument. This has nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

Completely to the contrary mr marketing, Mr Cook obviously feels making a statement is important, especially as 'things are going on'.
The fact the statement is simply to ask the fans to be patient just further proves my point.

You're arguing a completely different thing. Nowhere have I said good fan and press relations are unimportant. That would just be stupid.

Cook is saying to the fans we aren't going to disclose things that don't need to be disclosed. But that negotiations often take time so we need to be patient. Evidently, Terry doesn't need to say anything to the public right now about his position if he is actually interested. Unless of course that all these rumours are bullshit and he has absolutely no intention of leaving. THEN it would be beneficial for him to come out and say so to appease the Chelsea fans. But if he came out and said "im interested in hearing what City have to say", then he loses the support of Chelsea fans, regardless of whether the deal happens or not - but I suppose that is the smart thing to do from a "media and PR" perspective right?

Balti said:
Regular Joe said:

Or laoded and does it as a living gambling. It isnt really a high risk bet for a proffesional gambler. He stands to lose 1500 if he keaves but if he stays he banks 6000

You're arguing a completely different thing. Nowhere have I said good fan and press relations are unimportant. That would just be stupid.

Cook is saying to the fans we aren't going to disclose things that don't need to be disclosed. But that negotiations often take time so we need to be patient. Evidently, Terry doesn't need to say anything to the public right now about his position if he is actually interested. Unless of course that all these rumours are bullshit and he has absolutely no intention of leaving. THEN it would be beneficial for him to come out and say so to appease the Chelsea fans. But if he came out and said "im interested in hearing what City have to say", then he loses the support of Chelsea fans, regardless of whether the deal happens or not - but I suppose that is the smart thing to do from a "media and PR" perspective right?

It seems we are talking cross purposes... your original post didnt specify the nature of a statement or who was making it, just that one shouldn't be made. Anyways, since you're a big swinging d*ck in marketing I'm sure you don't have time to split hairs over media statements ;)

coops said:
Balti said:
Regular Joe said:

Or laoded and does it as a living gambling. It isnt really a high risk bet for a proffesional gambler. He stands to lose 1500 if he keaves but if he stays he banks 6000

he'll bank just under £400 seems a big risk to me

smiles said:

It seems we are talking cross purposes... your original post didnt specify the nature of a statement or who was making it, just that one shouldn't be made. Anyways, since you're a big swinging d*ck in marketing I'm sure you don't have time to split hairs over media statements ;)

If you read the post I was quoting instead of trying to jump in like a dick with your "you dont understand the media" bollocks, you would know the nature of the statement that was being discussed.

"The thing is i want him to be a city player as much as every other city fan. But he is pissing me off he could make a statement right now if he wanted to but hes cowarding away from whatever it is and he needs to put this to bed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.