John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue4ever85 said:
Come on John, show some ambition and join the team.

But, do Chelsea not have ambition? Surely every top team (and I include City in this now) has ambitions to win the league.

fulhamroad22 said:
Blue4ever85 said:

But, do Chelsea not have ambition? Surely every top team (and I include City in this now) has ambitions to win the league.

I hope Roman is a strong man mate.

It looks from the reports that you are hanging onto him by his finger nails.

fulhamroad22 said:
Blue4ever85 said:

Of course they do, Chelsea more than most, you have to take our fans with a pinch of salt....but this Terry transfer has stuck around this time.... Who knows whats going through his mind, is just trying to get a better contract at Chelski ????? Does he want a change of scenery (ala Barry), Not happy with Chelsea's summer spending ???

fulhamroad22 said:
Blue4ever85 said:

They might have ambition but the ammount of managers your team go thorugh, and the fact your chairman signs players is a little embarrasing. Your new manager is nothing but a yes man, same as he was at AC, he deals with the team and the chairman decideds who he signs with a little help from Arneson(whats a sporting directors job)

fulhamroad22 said:
Blue4ever85 said:

I think he meant it tongue in cheek mate, might be wrong though! Not sure about everyone else but talk of us winning the league this season is premature to say the least. We are gonna have new players who need to gel (seem to have been saying that for 2 years now). Top 4 would be a magnificent achievement.

Right now I get the impression he is trying to negotiate a deal on his contract, it's just a gut feeling.

If he goes, though, I think to avoid any backlash from Chelsea fans, he needs to explain why in pretty much every press conference or interview that brought up his role with Chelsea (even some that are very recent), he said that he is a one team player, and would never leave the club by his own making. I think, if he goes (and I fully understand why he would want to go), he'd have to explain why he lied.

sniff said:
fulhamroad22 said:
Blue4ever85 said:

They might have ambition but the ammount of managers your team go thorugh, and the fact your chairman signs players is a little embarrasing. Your new manager is nothing but a yes man, same as he was at AC, he deals with the team and the chairman decideds who he signs with a little help from Arneson(whats a sporting directors job)

Yeah, but I think that will be in the culture of many clubs as more and more clubs have foreign ownership. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it happened to City. I mean as soon as some proper money is spent and the team is built, if Sparky doesn't deliver, he'll be out, and I think it would end up in cycle of that- it is the culture of football.

I, personally, think we should have just stuck with Mourinho. Although, Avram Grant did well, I thought he was too inexperienced for the job. Scolari's style of play did not really fit in the Premier League and if it did it required a high amount of stamina which Chelsea didn't have and he was reluctant to change. Hiddink was fantastic, and I wish we could have kept him. We'll see what happens with Ancelotti. I hope he does well as we need some consistency.

fulhamroad22 said:
Right now I get the impression he is trying to negotiate a deal on his contract, it's just a gut feeling.

If he goes, though, I think to avoid any backlash from Chelsea fans, he needs to explain why in pretty much every press conference or interview that brought up his role with Chelsea (even some that are very recent), he said that he is a one team player, and would never leave the club by his own making. I think, if he goes (and I fully understand why he would want to go), he'd have to explain why he lied.

I agree he is negotiating. But for what?

fulhamroad22, I'd be interested to know your view as a Chelsea fan on something (apologies if it's been covered already in here). This is dragging on and on without any word from JT himself, and at anytime he could have laid this to rest right?
Imagine if he gets a new 150k/week contract with Chelsea and he calls a press conf declaring his forever love to CFC and the usual blah blah stuff, would Chelsea fans still love him but? Would you not turn on him for that? Or at least it would leave you with a really sour taste in your mouth?

I'm not trying to throw cheap jabs here, I'm actually interested to know...

fulhamroad22 said:

Maybe you just working out that multi million pound deals will make a liar out of most. not like he gonna get to comment on the club and he would say "i like it at chelsea but if someone offered me a pay rise id become mr (add what ever club offers most)

Either way im dont feel any sympathy for chelsea fans, their club did this to loads of Teams when they decided to buy every teams best players even though it was obvious lots of them would never play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.