John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning i was hugely surprised about us going for Terry, then we all noticed his reluctance to pledge his future to Chelsea and i thought hmmmmmmm maybe.
Now i think i'd be hugely surprised if he actually signed for us.
My heads gone lol

only1paulsimpson said:
fulhamroad22 said:
Because they are in the middle of negotiations and it'd be unprofessional to say it's a done deal when it isn't. We never did that with Lampard last season, it was all quiet until the contract was signed.

I'd like you to give me some evidence that Terry wants to go that isn't based around speculation or inevitably unreliable ITKs because you won't be able to do it where as I can find first hand quotes that say Chelsea won't sell, Terry wants a contract and he will be offered a contract.

He will only join City if negotiations fall through in my opinion.

if you are so sure / convinced that terry is staying at chelsea.....then WHY do you spend so much time on this forum bleating on about it??? if you are so confident why dont you sod off back to the shed!!! ;-)

Because the shed is dire and I never post on there, CFCNet is one view (and a bloody good forum imo- though almost all of you will disagree I know) and I think it's interesting to see the City views which are often a bit more out there. It amuses me greatly, plus there is some great discussion here.

fulhamroad22 said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
exactly... why would chelski put there self through all this and terry as well if it was only an uprated contract he was after ??? . Yes i grant you he,s trying for a better deal but no way it would still be rumbling on for weeks if there was nothing in this

Maybe there is more to it, all we know for sure is that Chelsea are arranging a contract extension for him. I'm not sure why it is stretching on so long. A possibility could be that Chelsea didn't think that they needed to give him a pay rise and didn't believe he would really go to City. Now they know it is a serious option, they may have only just started negotiations. Hell, there's always the chance that JT will come out this evening and say that he has signed a new contract and wanted to stay, you never know.

I still think there is a chance he will go to City, but I think it's more likely he will stay just because there is more evidence to suggest he will stay.

Hi fella, I am not sure what evidence there is to support this statement....... Trying to take off my light blue tinted glasses, the only evidence out there is from Kenyon and we all know which orifice he talks out of

BlueMark said:
fulhamroad22 said:
Maybe there is more to it, all we know for sure is that Chelsea are arranging a contract extension for him. I'm not sure why it is stretching on so long. A possibility could be that Chelsea didn't think that they needed to give him a pay rise and didn't believe he would really go to City. Now they know it is a serious option, they may have only just started negotiations. Hell, there's always the chance that JT will come out this evening and say that he has signed a new contract and wanted to stay, you never know.

I still think there is a chance he will go to City, but I think it's more likely he will stay just because there is more evidence to suggest he will stay.

Hi fella, I am not sure what evidence there is to support this statement....... Trying to take off my light blue tinted glasses, the only evidence out there is from Kenyon and we all know which orifice he talks out of

- Quotes from Kenyon, Buck, Ancelotti saying he is not for sale (although, they could easily be lying, though I doubt they are as it get's more elaborate)

- Quotes from Kenyon saying Chelsea will do whatever it takes to make John Terry happy and that he will offer a new contract (which makes me think he is telling the truth, the contract part is far too elaborate to add on if he was lying)

- Quotes from Ballack saying he spoke to JT and expected him to stay, but wouldn't go into detail

- Terry has flown to the USA and trained with the squad. Sure this is standard stuff and he is expected to do it as he is a professional, however, he has appeared to be having a good time with his team mates in training. I don't believe that he and his team mates would be so at ease with each other at this point in time if Terry planned on leaving

All of the above come from direct quotes.

As I say, there is still a possibility he will go to City, but I think there are more suggestions he will stay and is purely after an improved contract.

only1paulsimpson said:
fulhamroad22 said:
Because they are in the middle of negotiations and it'd be unprofessional to say it's a done deal when it isn't. We never did that with Lampard last season, it was all quiet until the contract was signed.

I'd like you to give me some evidence that Terry wants to go that isn't based around speculation or inevitably unreliable ITKs because you won't be able to do it where as I can find first hand quotes that say Chelsea won't sell, Terry wants a contract and he will be offered a contract.

He will only join City if negotiations fall through in my opinion.

if you are so sure / convinced that terry is staying at chelsea.....then WHY do you spend so much time on this forum bleating on about it??? if you are so confident why dont you sod off back to the shed!!! ;-)

spot on mate

I still think there is a chance he will go to City, but I think it's more likely he will stay just because there is more evidence to suggest he will stay.[/quote]

Hi fella, I am not sure what evidence there is to support this statement....... Trying to take off my light blue tinted glasses, the only evidence out there is from Kenyon and we all know which orifice he talks out of[/quote]

- Quotes from Kenyon, Buck, Ancelotti saying he is not for sale (although, they could easily be lying, though I doubt they are as it get's more elaborate) - Ancelotti's first act as manager to allow his captain to leave ? dont think so, Buck and Kenyon well, not exactly thew most reliable of people to rely upon their comments. The club will make Terry look like the bad guy IF he does decide to leave so they need to position themselves as workign towards keeping him

- Quotes from Kenyon saying Chelsea will do whatever it takes to make John Terry happy and that he will offer a new contract (which makes me think he is telling the truth, the contract part is far too elaborate to add on if he was lying) - Kenyon talks crap, always has done, is nowhere near as influencial there anymore and needs to be seen by the fans to be doing all they can to keep him

- Quotes from Ballack saying he spoke to JT and expected him to stay, but wouldn't go into detail - looked very sheeping though and again what else could he say ?
- Terry has flown to the USA and trained with the squad. Sure this is standard stuff and he is expected to do it as he is a professional, however, he has appeared to be having a good time with his team mates in training. I don't believe that he and his team mates would be so at ease with each other at this point in time if Terry planned on leaving - he couldn't not go, he is contracted to Chelsea and as captain as well would contractually have to travel as well as Chelsea owning his image rights and forcing him to travel due to commitments there.
As I say, there is still a possibility he will go to City, but I think there are more suggestions he will stay and is purely after an improved contract.[/quote]

reponse in bold mate above mate

I see where your coming from but to say that Terry could have ended all of this at any time in the last 12 days since Chelsea made it public, not to mention how many days before hand, says more than anything. And yes of course if he is using it as a ploy for a rise he wouldnt come out as pledge his life to you guys but you would have expected SOME comments from him (I want to stay but football is football etc etc).

Who knows what is going to happen but its still got people guessing ! :-)

Blue Phil said:
SSN ADEBEYOR said his good byes to his team mates this morning and is set to join soon.
Also said lescot is a partner for terry, surely if we are buying terrys partner we have strong indications that terry is also coming...IM EXCITED :D

I think well buy Lescott either way. The fact that he's a goal scoring defender makes him very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.