John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinkys Left Foot said:
Under normal circumstances that would be Yes! However these are not normal circumstances. Little Citeh have made substatial bids for their captains services - if hes not interested he should have put us down like a rabid dog!
And he hasnt - you cant expect the worlds press to ignore that fact.
If hes a no show at this press conference thats 2 in a row saying nothing - make of it what you will - If he doesnt blow us out of the reckoning this time this transfer possibility must have legs!

But surely if he is negotiating a new contract, and is using Citys interest to increase his wages, surely it is best not to say anything? If he says he is going to City it would kill his reputation at Chelsea and would hurt negotiations for a contract, if he says he wants to get more money his reputation will also be hurt and if he says he is staying at Chelsea the negotiations won't go his way so what should he do?

As Kenyon has confirmed a contract is what JT wants and Chelsea would be happy to work with him, I feel this a far more logical explanation.

Diego1983 said:
Giles said:
Spoke to a media friend today (sports reporter on a paper) and he's hearing that there's increasing alarm at Chelski that Terry is deadly serious about moving to City. They thought he was just using City as bargaining tool for a better contract but it's now dawning on them that he really does want to join City. It's getting interesting.

This will happen, 250 grand a week is too much to turn your back on

FFS dont say that mate coz we know what his backs like lol

fulhamroad22 said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:
Under normal circumstances that would be Yes! However these are not normal circumstances. Little Citeh have made substatial bids for their captains services - if hes not interested he should have put us down like a rabid dog!
And he hasnt - you cant expect the worlds press to ignore that fact.
If hes a no show at this press conference thats 2 in a row saying nothing - make of it what you will - If he doesnt blow us out of the reckoning this time this transfer possibility must have legs!

But surely if he is negotiating a new contract, and is using Citys interest to increase his wages, surely it is best not to say anything? If he says he is going to City it would kill his reputation at Chelsea and would hurt negotiations for a contract, if he says he wants to get more money his reputation will also be hurt and if he says he is staying at Chelsea the negotiations won't go his way so what should he do?

As Kenyon has confirmed a contract is what JT wants and Chelsea would be happy to work with him, I feel this a far more logical explanation.

So if kenyons saying this .. why dont they just announce , new contract ..length and £££ and terry could be there and say yes iam staying put

mmmm cos he wants to come

Because they are in the middle of negotiations and it'd be unprofessional to say it's a done deal when it isn't. We never did that with Lampard last season, it was all quiet until the contract was signed.

I'd like you to give me some evidence that Terry wants to go that isn't based around speculation or inevitably unreliable ITKs because you won't be able to do it where as I can find first hand quotes that say Chelsea won't sell, Terry wants a contract and he will be offered a contract.

He will only join City if negotiations fall through in my opinion.

When does his current one run out 2012? you would have thought it would be a piece of piss to stick a couple of years on that and 20k per week.

Unless his demands are going to make it to difficult for them to do accept as it'll will upset the apple cart and the rest of the players might spit their dummies.

Another thing the couple of times I've seen him on the telly recently he's looked like a baby with a smacked arse, lad suffering from depression?

Two words JT "I'm staying" and this would have went away long ago, it still has legs.

Maineblue said:
When does his current one run out 2012? you would have thought it would be a piece of piss to stick a couple of years on that and 20k per week.

Unless his demands are going to make it to difficult for them to do accept as it'll will upset the apple cart and the rest of the players might spit their dummies.

Another thing the couple of times I've seen him on the telly recently he's looked like a baby with a smacked arse, lad suffering from depression?

Two words JT "I'm staying" and this would have went away long ago, it still has legs.

exactly... why would chelski put there self through all this and terry as well if it was only an uprated contract he was after ??? . Yes i grant you he,s trying for a better deal but no way it would still be rumbling on for weeks if there was nothing in this

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Maineblue said:

exactly... why would chelski put there self through all this and terry as well if it was only an uprated contract he was after ??? . Yes i grant you he,s trying for a better deal but no way it would still be rumbling on for weeks if there was nothing in this

Maybe there is more to it, all we know for sure is that Chelsea are arranging a contract extension for him. I'm not sure why it is stretching on so long. A possibility could be that Chelsea didn't think that they needed to give him a pay rise and didn't believe he would really go to City. Now they know it is a serious option, they may have only just started negotiations. Hell, there's always the chance that JT will come out this evening and say that he has signed a new contract and wanted to stay, you never know.

I still think there is a chance he will go to City, but I think it's more likely he will stay just because there is more evidence to suggest he will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.