John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that the Daily Mail suggests JT is ready to announce he will stay but the Mirror suggests he is at breaking point. It's pretty much been the stance since the beginning of this saga- Daily Mail has been the one that is a bit more pro-JT staying and the Mirror is anti-JT staying.

I don't think we should suggest City have been tapping up Terry. It's a bit pointless, and there isn't really serious grounds for it.

fulhamroad22 said:
It's interesting that the Daily Mail suggests JT is ready to announce he will stay but the Mirror suggests he is at breaking point. It's pretty much been the stance since the beginning of this saga- Daily Mail has been the one that is a bit more pro-JT staying and the Mirror is anti-JT staying.

I don't think we should suggest City have been tapping up Terry. It's a bit pointless, and there isn't really serious grounds for it.

do you have the daily mail link ?

City haven't tapped Terry up but Terry may well have tapped City up in the first place.

Hughes has deflected questions about Terry in every interview I've heard. I do have a suspicion that some off the record comments by Hughes were actually reported in the week.

vincent said:
fulhamroad22 said:

do you have the daily mail link ?

It may not have been Daily Mail actually, but this is what was posted:

'CHELSEA are set to report Manchester City boss Mark Hughes to the Premier League for 'tapping up' John Terry.

The Blues are furious that Hughes openly spoke about his pursuit of the England skipper - even spelling out why Terry should sign on at Eastlands.

JT, who will be offered a new £150,000-a- week deal to convince him to stay at Stamford Bridge, has been the subject of two City bids.

Chelsea say Terry will snub City's advances and confirm his future is at Stamford Bridge very shortly. But the Blues are still considering reporting the Eastlands club.

A source said: "The way Hughes has openly talked about wanting Terry to sign for him is totally out of order.

"Other teams have been punished for a lot less - so Hughes could find himself in a lot of trouble."

While Chelsea chiefs appear confident their captain will stay, Terry is still torn between staying and joining Mark Hughes.

It is understood that the defender is not interested in the money but is far more concerned by the direction the club are taking.

Chelsea have failed to capture a number of big-name signings this summer - including Spanish hitman David Villa and French midfielder Franck Ribery - and only this week pulled out of a deal for Arsenal strike star Emmanuel Adebayor.

Terry earns £125,000 a week - around £10,000 less than England team-mate Frank Lampard - but will become the club's top earner if he decides to accept the package.'

This is getting really annoying now. Terry, stay for the trophies in your career and legendary status at your club or seek a new challenge, more money and a possibility of trophies at the end of your career. I've lost a lot of respect for the man, either way as well as the board if this speculation is true.

There are also the suggestions that City may walk away from the transfer due to Chelsea's stance. I think we will just have to see how Terry feels- it is impossible to judge that right now.

that's from the NOTW: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/412883/John-Terry-tap-up-fury-Blues-set-to-seek-Prem-League-probe.html?postingId=413495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/4 ... gId=413495</a>

bizzbo said:
that's from the NOTW: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/412883/John-Terry-tap-up-fury-Blues-set-to-seek-Prem-League-probe.html?postingId=413495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/4 ... gId=413495</a>

K, sorry, I thought it was Daily Mail for some reason.

Well both sources are pretty shit to be fair.

Could it be a possability that Chelski tapped up Sturridge before he was free to look at other clubs.has it not been talked about for a long time that they wanted him.I know nowt about the legal stuff so it IS a question and not a statement.

i8therags said:
Could it be a possability that Chelski tapped up Sturridge before he was free to look at other clubs.has it not been talked about for a long time that they wanted him.I know nowt about the legal stuff so it IS a question and not a statement.

I think this is a possibility. Hughes has dumped the usual politically correct no comment policy when it comes to talking about Terry. He sounds like Redknapp, only worse. He's almost goading chelsea. The initial bid was made at the end of a meeting about Sturridge. I do have a paranoid suspicion that there is a lot more to this particular saga than meets the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.