John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not posted on this thread before, however I have read every post, I am beginning to think it is more the length of the contract that we are offering (5 years) which is tempting Terry. Chelsea maybe willing to up his wage by £25 grand a week but they will only be looking at running it for another 2 years

bluwes said:
Not posted on this thread before, however I have read every post, I am beginning to think it is more the length of the contract that we are offering (5 years) which is tempting Terry. Chelsea maybe willing to up his wage by £25 grand a week but they will only be looking at running it for another 2 years

i agree good point that.

When this transfer was first made public, I, like the majority thought "no chance."
The fact it has dragged on this long has softened my stance somewhat, Lampards comments have now for the first time got me thinking,...maybe, just maybe this might happen!

M35 Blue said:
When this transfer was first made public, I, like the majority thought "no chance."
The fact it has dragged on this long has softened my stance somewhat, Lampards comments have now for the first time got me thinking,...maybe, just maybe this might happen!

agreed mate

The fact is you can never take away what he's done for Chelsea. He'll always be a legend. I hope and I'm confident that, whatever happens, he will continue to be considered a legend here.

People should respect his right to choose.

The comments from Lampard suggest he's paving the way for his departure.

I bet he's already agreed to sign for us, but has said he wants to drag it out a bit to secure his place as a Chelsea legend, and not that he went for the money at City straight away. There's probably a gentlemans agreement for City to keep quiet over the whole affair, Chelsea circulate stories like the Lampard paving the way for his departure, help the fans adjust to the idea and in a few weeks Terry will sign for us and say "It was a tough decision, but I thought about it for a few weeks and decided I wanted a new challenge, I will always have fond memories of Chelsea and its fans etc..."

I think Terry genuinely does want to at least sit down with Hughes and Cook and hear what we have to say. But can anyone honestly foresee a situation whereby Chelsea would actually accept a bid from us? I can't. They fooking hate us and this is just the start of what will become a bitter feud between us and them that will run many, many years into the future. Even if Terry put in a transfer request, Chelsea would reject his request. In all honestly, the only way i can see us getting Terry is if he lets his contract run out. But he still has a fair amount of time left on his current deal and by then, he'll be far too old so signing him would be pointless. I'm sorry, but this is just my honest view. Regardless of how open Terry may be to the move, i just cannot see Chelsea accepting a bid from us. Ever.

One of the chelski fans might be able to help me here; when are chelsea due back from america? just i don't think we'll hear anything from JT until a few days after they've got back he'll most likely have to have talks with the board members when he gets back then he'll obviously have to make the long awaited public announcement, stating his intentions, whether he stays or goes.This is only imo though.

CTID_92 said:
One of the chelski fans might be able to help me here; when are chelsea due back from america? just i don't think we'll hear anything from JT until a few days after they've got back he'll most likely have to have talks with the board members when he gets back then he'll obviously have to make the long awaited public announcement, stating his intentions, whether he stays or goes.This is only imo though.

This ^^^

Hmmmmmm

Maybe the agreement with Terry is that he doesn't say anything (he's going?) until after the US tour, so that it doesn't make Chelsea look weak whilst they are over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.