John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

Looks to me like Mark Hughes wants an all english back four

bobrivers said:
Maybe not win something but at least get into CL first. You can't be serious about your ambitions if you're not even among the best clubs in your own country yet.

What I meant was you'd have been better off buying players who are on the up but not there yet, like Marek Hamsik,Ezequiel Lavezzi,Eden Hazard,Jerome Boateng etc, you know the players who are hungry for success and want to make a name for themselves rather than going after big name stars who won it all with other clubs and see you as a last opportunity to set up a nice retirement fund.

I'd love to have Marek Hamsik here. But why the hell shouldn't we get in top class established players now? If we have ambitions why would be any less than ambitious in the transfer market. We had some glaring holes in our squad last season which have been partially plugged with RSC and Barry. Now we need another target man, and a top class CB at least. Do you really think Hughes is hoping to finish 5th? or even 4th? I wouldn't if I were him. I'd be aiming for the top and if I fell slightly short and ended up 2nd 3rd or 4th then it's still a good result compared to last season. Who starts off a new premiership season having bought heavily and aims for second best? You'd have to be an un-ambitious moron! Yes it may not be attainable next season but don't start off expecting to fall short! I fully expect us to push for the top because that's what I would do if I were an ambitious manager/owner.

SWPISHOME said:
joedr116 said:
what do people think will be the final bid on terry 42 million or too high. Has S.W.P had a word with J.T

£42m is far to much for Terry we should never pay that amount of money for him, I think it should be £20m-£25m max.

Thank god you are not doing the negotiating, we would have no chance of getting him

Might have missed it somwhere but has JT himself actually rejected us personally??

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
bobrivers said:
TedLoonBlue said:
So in a nut shell Roberto

we shouldn't be buying big time names until we get a trophy

but we won't win anything until we buy big time names

Maybe not win something but at least get into CL first. You can't be serious about your ambitions if you're not even among the best clubs in your own country yet.

What I meant was you'd have been better off buying players who are on the up but not there yet, like Marek Hamsik,Ezequiel Lavezzi,Eden Hazard,Jerome Boateng etc, you know the players who are hungry for success and want to make a name for themselves rather than going after big name stars who won it all with other clubs and see you as a last opportunity to set up a nice retirement fund.

SpongeBob - our owners want success and want it quite quickly...they have ten times the money of Red Rom and probably a bit more on top so overpaying a bit for players and paying top wages doesn't really make much difference. And what the manager wants is top quality proven premiership players to get us into the top four...taking punts on untried johnny foreigners isn't going to happen often but going for established premiership players will. Bearing that in mind, there is very little point in buying players that will push us up the table a little bit...so going for Tevez, Barry, Lescott and Terry etc is the way forward.

Spot on m8 ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/5735152/Manchester-City-prepare-third-bid-for-John-Terry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Terry.html</a>

sorry if it's been posted already.. cant see us giving up untill he comes out and says NO himself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.