John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not once genuinely thought that he will come.

What I cannot understand is why City have not pulled out of the deal yet... an announcement is near, and it's likely to be that he will STAY. So why not say to JT.. tomorrows your deadline, prove you want to come!

I also wouldn't rule out Barca or Real coming in for him either.

In my view Terry it's pretty clear what's going on.

Terry's mind is not completely made up, or he would have come out and said something. However, where his head is at at the moment is that he plans to join city. He's talked to his mate Lampard about this, hence Lamp's comments to the media saying "don't be harsh on Terry if he leaves etc".

However, the Chelsea management are mortified at the prospect of losing him and Abramovich doesn't need the £40m they might get for him, so they are doing everything they can to get him to change his mind.

It's not a done-deal, because of course they may succeed in their efforts to convince him to stay. But they won't want to feel shafted and have to give him an extra £100k per week, and of course that would screw up their pay structure.

So overall, I think his joining us is *likely*. It's really hanging in the balance though and depends on what Abramovich, Ancelloti and Kenyon say to him over the next few days. Dickheads like that Galagher moron coming out and saying he isn't welcome don't help at all.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Drogba's the latest who thinks he knows something.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0722/chelsea.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0722/chelsea.html</a>

I happened to catch this interview after the game as I live in the states and I was not convinced by Drogba's statement. After he answered the question about Terry he made a funny face, sort of half smile/half wince. He doesn't know anything. It's the only answer he could have given when put on the spot.

Your all going to deep into this saga, press cuttings here there and everywhere, kenyon being a knob here there and everywhere for a change.

The simple reason why this deal can't happen yet is that Terry (via his umbro sponsorship as they are pissed that there flagship player is associated with an Addidas No 26 shirt) will want the same shirt number currently occupied by that excuse of a professional footballer TBH.

Once we find someone stupid enough to take this waste of space off our hands we can crack on and try and sign Terry rather than the gentle enquiries we have made thus far.

hello said:
Your all going to deep into this saga, press cuttings here there and everywhere, kenyon being a knob here there and everywhere for a change.

The simple reason why this deal can't happen yet is that Terry (via his umbro sponsorship as they are pissed that there flagship player is associated with an Addidas No 26 shirt) will want the same shirt number currently occupied by that excuse of a professional footballer TBH.

Once we find someone stupid enough to take this waste of space off our hands we can crack on and try and sign Terry rather than the gentle enquiries we have made thus far.

I very much doubt that saying to TBH "Eh up, we'll have that shirt number back mate .... here's number 99" will have any legal implications so I'm not sure I agree with you on this one.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
hello said:

I very much doubt that saying to TBH "Eh up, we'll have that shirt number back mate .... here's number 99" will have any legal implications so I'm not sure I agree with you on this one.

not sure how true it is but i heard that the delay in announcing JT was that the club shop have run out of "T's and E's" due to the volume of Tevez shirts that have been purchased over the last couple of weeks.

once they have had a new delivery then we can announce him to the world.

p.s. a little birdie told me the delivery will be Monday.

hello said:

The actual reason is that John Terry is a big fan of neopolitan ice cream, but the Carrington cafeteria has run out and is unable to source any until next Monday. I've been assured that once this little hiccup is overcome, he will be ours.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
hello said:

hope you are right,or otherwise this shirt make model number buisness could be turning football into more like F1.

Didi-ride Drogba says he's not coming.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/22/drogba-terry-chelsea-inter-manchester-city

Didier Drogba scored in Chelsea's 2-0 victory over Inter Milan and declared captain John Terry will turn down Manchester City and stay in London.

Drogba, making his first appearance in pre-season, played his part as Chelsea dominated former boss José Mourinho's side in the World Football Challenge friendly tournament, watched by 81,224 fans at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

And as Terry played the full 90 minutes for new head coach Carlo Ancelotti in California, despite Manchester City's continuing efforts to coax him to Eastlands, Drogba said the England captain was going nowhere.

"He's our captain and we need him and we know he's going to stay with us and win more trophies," Drogba told ESPN.

Of his side coming face to face with Mourinho, Drogba said: "It's always nice to see him: he was a big part of Chelsea's success and now we're moving on. We have a new manager now and we're all happy for him because he won his second game out of two, so it's all good.

"We're working hard, this is only the start and we want to be ready for the start of the season."

Goals from Drogba in the 11th minute and a Frank Lampard penalty just after half-time gave Chelsea the victory over the Italian champions. The impressive nature of the Blues' performance more than the scoreline, however, will have delighted new head coach Ancelotti, especially coming against his former cross-city rivals.

Drogba's future has been in question while the offer of a new three-year contract remains unsigned, but Ancelotti revealed the striker has indicated he will stay to form a key part of the Italian's new-look team.

"Drogba is a very important player for us and we want him to play for Chelsea," Ancelotti said.

"He's irreplaceable as no other striker in the world can do the same job. I've spoken with Drogba and know what he wants. He told me he's happy to stay."

However, Ancelotti offered less encouragement to Andriy Shevchenko, who made his name playing for him at AC Milan.

"I speak to Shevchenko every day and the situation is this: he's with us until 31 August and then we take a decision together. I don't know what will happen as the club has not received any offers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.