John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chorleyblue said:
Hope this is bullshit. Havent Chelsea got a telegraph reporter in their camp?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/5887325/John-Terry-to-remain-at-Chelsea-as-Manchester-City-offers-fail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -fail.html</a>

Nothing really definate there.

mancboy123 said:
JT is a consumate professional and will do things as long as he contracted to Chelsea Football Club, he values his position as england captain and would not want to jeopardise his marketability by going on strike etc.
^^This. I think we'll hear from him as soon as there back from the US. I'd love him at City and I think he wants to come, but he doesn't want to live with regret (not saying he'll have any ofcourse, but its like a game of deal or no deal lol).
It either goes two ways;
He stays at Chelsea for the rest of his days [Which he would probably regret as soon as were in the champions league & Chelsea keep sacking there manager after every 2 months] bearing in mind he actually wanted to speak to us and find out our plans
OR
He joins us and faces the possibility of regretting he moved away from his "beloved" club.
So its down to 2 options, he joins us, gets more money, a club with ambition and owners who do the best for the club or
He stays at chelsea, doesn't get as much money, more games for him in a world cup year, and a club which lets be honest, arn't really going anywhere further.
My opinion is that he'll join us as there will be less for him to regret in the future. Just a though though, he could be waiting a bit longer before making an announcement because he didn't want to join when everybody was loving tevez and adebayor, maybe he wants his own bit of the action lol

dannybcity said:
Chorleyblue said:
Hope this is bullshit. Havent Chelsea got a telegraph reporter in their camp?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/5887325/John-Terry-to-remain-at-Chelsea-as-Manchester-City-offers-fail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -fail.html</a>

Nothing really definate there.
yep that is not a defining article! still 50/50 imo

Pam said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Of course, Hughes' comments last week were literally speaking on behalf of John Terry and the reason why Chelsea got annoyed and leaked threatened legal action.

The reason they haven't is clear, aside from the fact they would be seen as the biggest hypocrites in town.

Beckham threatened all the papers when his affair with Rebecca Loos came out, but he never actually did, because he was bang to rights but for the purposes of getting his denial out there, it worked.

My own opinion is that Chelsea board have been playing catch-up but are now firmly setting the agenda in terms of how they look good, whether he stays or not.

City can only sit back and watch how it plays out, we have done all we can.

We cannot legislate for Terry's final state of mind, he is human after all. And no agent, however close, will have final say.

Disagree. In any walk of life, if you can't talk someone out of something after three weeks of intense pressure, you can't talk them out of it at all. I think City do know John Terry's mind (as much as such a thing is possible) Chelski will let Terry go eventually but they don't want the fans whinging that whatever fee they get for him (say £40,000 for argument's sake) should be spent. When Terry joins City, there will be little time left on the window and Chelski can legitimately claim that they have no time to bring in big time replacements. They also said today that they intended to trim the squad. All is not well at Chelski and it's mystifying to me why some of them are coming on to this board to talk shite when they should be concentrating on how badly run their own club is becoming. I also reckon Terry sees the writing on the wall and tapped City up rather than the other way around

If that's the case, Kaka should be a City player now. We put three months of intense pressure on him to get the deal done, all along, under the impression of having an agreement in place with him.

Kaka talked himself out of coming to City at last min and Terry could do likewise.

Where we are in agreement, is Terry tapping us up etc, but we didn't expect AC Milan fans to tug at Kaka's heartstrings so strongly, and Chelsea fans haven't had any opportunity as yet for any public displays of affection/protest.

flb said:
Pam said:
Disagree. In any walk of life, if you can't talk someone out of something after three weeks of intense pressure, you can't talk them out of it at all. Chelski will let Terry go eventually but they don't want the fans whinging that whatever fee they get for him (say £40,000 for argument's sake) should be spent. When Terry joins City, there will be little time left on the window and Chelski can legitimately claim that they have no time to bring in big time replacements. They also said today that they intended to trim the squad. All is not well at Chelski and it's mystifying to me why some of them are coming on to this board to talk shite when they should be concentrating on how badly run their own club is becoming.
Theyve been a shambles ever since Mourinho left,the way they treated Avram Grant was disgusting and if you believe the rumours the dressing room got Scolari booted.

They want Terry to stay because the dressing room will fall apart without him.

Plus, Abromovich is a meddler. The Shevchenko bullshit and his insistent that they buy him at £30 mill was a disaster and things have been going down hell ever since. Not they have yet another manager with pidgeon English and no experience in the Premiership and an owner who is again beginning to ooze indifference, now that Hiddink has departed.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pam said:
Disagree. In any walk of life, if you can't talk someone out of something after three weeks of intense pressure, you can't talk them out of it at all. I think City do know John Terry's mind (as much as such a thing is possible) Chelski will let Terry go eventually but they don't want the fans whinging that whatever fee they get for him (say £40,000 for argument's sake) should be spent. When Terry joins City, there will be little time left on the window and Chelski can legitimately claim that they have no time to bring in big time replacements. They also said today that they intended to trim the squad. All is not well at Chelski and it's mystifying to me why some of them are coming on to this board to talk shite when they should be concentrating on how badly run their own club is becoming. I also reckon Terry sees the writing on the wall and tapped City up rather than the other way around

If that's the case, Kaka should be a City player now. We put three months of intense pressure on him to get the deal done, all along, under the impression of having an agreement in place with him.

Kaka talked himself out of coming to City at last min and Terry could do likewise.

Where we are in agreement, is Terry tapping us up etc, but we didn't expect AC Milan fans to tug at Kaka's heartstrings so strongly, and Chelsea fans haven't had any opportunity as yet for any public displays of affection/protest.

We learnt a really big lesson with the Kaka deal. We can't afford to make another mistake like that.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pam said:

It was far easier for Kaka, who knows practically nothing about English football, than it is with Terry. It just doesn't stand up to comparison. Also, City's status and intentions are already far better known then, even if it was only a few months ago.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pam said:

But Kaka always knew he could go elsewhere and have his choice of clubs and at the time we were looking pretty shit. Terry doesnt have the pick of clubs because not many would pay the asking price for a player of his age. Plus italian fans are fucking crazy. I was gutted when SWP left, he was my favourite player from the day he made his league debut but id have never gone screaming and shouting outside his house and i doubt that chelsea fans would do it to Terry

Pam said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It was far easier for Kaka, who knows practically nothing about English football, than it is with Kaka. It just doesn't stand up to comparison.

We'll agree to disagree, but the premise of the argument is the same, City, at all times, had/have a line of communication to players and their intentions.

The fact Kaka reneged on his earlier intentions, makes it clear that Terry is far from in the bag just because we are currently in the loop.

That's all I'm saying

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pam said:
It was far easier for Kaka, who knows practically nothing about English football, than it is with Kaka. It just doesn't stand up to comparison.

We'll agree to disagree, but the premise of the argument is the same, City, at all times, had/have a line of communication to players and their intentions.

The fact Kaka reneged on his earlier intentions, makes it clear that Terry is far from in the bag just because we are currently in the loop.

That's all I'm saying

But you must be able to see the significance of (1) City are happy to wait and won't be pulling the plug ala Eto and (2) Terry is ducking the media big style.

Open your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.