John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lomas has a lob on said:
hgblue said:
Been wracking my tiny brain as well for the reason that Chelsea caused this circus in the first place by making it public. The ONLY logical reason I can come up with is a desire to sell but to appear to have fought a good fight to keep him. Why make this public, when a simple 'get lost' to GC would have done the trick?
it has to be that! i cant think of any other reason why they went public

... and that silence from Terry is still deafening me!!

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Wasn't so clear, bud. True enough, Terry and Wayne Bridge do share same agent.

But like flies around shit, the big agents do smell a pay day.

To be honest, any agent who can get Bridgey best part of £90k a week can turn water into bleeding wine.

At least 60/40 in our favour at mo

So it's highly likely that at this moment in time City know Terry's plans... hence the confidence that we can get him... NB: I said at this moment in time... things can change!

Of course, Hughes' comments last week were literally speaking on behalf of John Terry and the reason why Chelsea got annoyed and leaked threatened legal action.

The reason they haven't is clear, aside from the fact they would be seen as the biggest hypocrites in town.

Beckham threatened all the papers when his affair with Rebecca Loos came out, but he never actually did, because he was bang to rights but for the purposes of getting his denial out there, it worked.

My own opinion is that Chelsea board have been playing catch-up but are now firmly setting the agenda in terms of how they look good, whether he stays or not.

City can only sit back and watch how it plays out, we have done all we can.

We cannot legislate for Terry's final state of mind, he is human after all. And no agent, however close, will have final say.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Ishmael-Miller said:
I'm a City fan. My mams close friends with his family. I've met him a few times so that why my names Ishmael-Miller. Whats wrong with that?
he's having or trying to have a laugh with you. . . . . . . chill out

Soz. Didn't mean to bite. Just thought he might think i was a rag.

Lomas has a lob on said:
hgblue said:
Been wracking my tiny brain as well for the reason that Chelsea caused this circus in the first place by making it public. The ONLY logical reason I can come up with is a desire to sell but to appear to have fought a good fight to keep him. Why make this public, when a simple 'get lost' to GC would have done the trick?

I do not think so - I think it is more likely :

1/ They want to keep him
2/ They do not want him to be talking to us about the offer - because the money might sway him

and therefore the best thing to do is to bring out all the fans pressure on Mr Chelsea so that he becomes very aware of the reputational damage if he leaves - and then at least if they do lose him the Chelsea management can be clear it was down to him not them - I think it is clearly this

baldybouncer said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

... and that silence from Terry is still deafening me!!

I agree. The silence means that he must be at least interested. It was similar to what happened with WBA. Ishmael was telling me he knew that Mowbray was leaving WBA in May and yet he left end of June. He didn't speak to the press because he did not want to ruin his image with the WBA fans. Ishmael and the players knew he was leaving but he didn't want to come across as just leaving them. Similar to Terry at Chelsea except he is a legend up there.

Pam said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I agree that it does mean something, but it doesn't mean that he is moving.

It makes it more likely than not.
That's very true, but as I said earlier if he does stay it doesn't mean as the Chelsea fans will come on here in their droves to say that nothing was going on. You have them now on here saying, everything is fine he doesn't need to make a declaration on his intent.... Don't you think it's interesting that the captain of the club on a high profile tour, hasn't been made available for any kind of interview?

Ishmael-Miller said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
he's having or trying to have a laugh with you. . . . . . . chill out

Soz. Didn't mean to bite. Just thought he might think i was a rag.
nope I don't think rags would even know he used to be on our books to be honest

mcfc1632 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

I do not think so - I think it is more likely :

1/ They want to keep him
2/ They do not want him to be talking to us about the offer - because the money might sway him

and therefore the best thing to do is to bring out all the fans pressure on Mr Chelsea so that he becomes very aware of the reputational damage if he leaves - and then at least if they do lose him the Chelsea management can be clear it was down to him not them - I think it is clearly this
good point you make actually! however by laying all the pressure at terrys door that could and maybe has alienated him from chelsea, and with his silence clearly he isn't playing the game chelsea want him 2 play!

so basically the whole chelsea team/manager have come out and said that terry will stay
which means fuck all untill terry comes out himself and says something

on the other hand lampard comes out and says the fans should respect him if he choooses to leave

hmm. dno what to think about it all tbh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.