John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/mysun/comment/view.page?storyId=2552320&submissionId=1031611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/mysun/comment/v ... Id=1031611</a>

Go ahead Pam, tell him how you really feel.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1186306/Chelsea-skipper-John-Terry-tells-Manchester-City-forget-making-20m-summer-move.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -move.html</a>

I found this article from May and it has annoyed me. If this is true and Terry told City to forget a summer transfer request, then it can't really have been City that instigated this month's tapping up. Terry must have been the initiator of this revived series of bids for him. This explains the delay in identifying Terry as a target. In the first few weeks after the close of the season, there was no talk of this. It was weeks and weeks before Chelsea confirmed the City bid this June. Therefore it's the player that has tapped up the club and not the other way around. He'd better be sincere in this because it is a big no no if he's gone out of his way to tell City he's interested in joining us if, in fact, he isn't. City should be kicking up a stink at the mere suggestion that he used us to screw more money out of Chelsea. This is the second time he's come to us in the space of a few months, so wtf is he now waiting for?

bizzbo said:
pam's comments on newspaper websites are becoming legendary. I'd expect nothing less from a woman who gave birth to the phrase 'twatzoid'.

So many morons, so little time, bizzbo.

Pam said:
Who in their right minds would turn down £5 million up front plus a five year deal at double the wage rate being offered by their current employers? John Terry will be a laughing stock, I tell you, and how much more stupid will he feel when City take over all the trophy winning he's been used to at Chelski just lately. He is fortunate to be asked to join us. If he doesn't want to, he needs to say so now. It's been going on too nlong for all parties concerned and it's yet another stupid, long-winded distraction.

Maybe because City are not even in the Europa League!! and finished 10th last season. Maybe because he is in a club which has been the most consistent team in the CL for the last 5- seasons and are a big favourite to win it next season along with the premierleague.
Yeah these days players only play for the money and leave their club for more money, not their ambnitions but Terry is not one of them ;)

zigga_zagger said:
Pam said:
Who in their right minds would turn down £5 million up front plus a five year deal at double the wage rate being offered by their current employers? John Terry will be a laughing stock, I tell you, and how much more stupid will he feel when City take over all the trophy winning he's been used to at Chelski just lately. He is fortunate to be asked to join us. If he doesn't want to, he needs to say so now. It's been going on too nlong for all parties concerned and it's yet another stupid, long-winded distraction.

Maybe because City are not even in the Europa League!! and finished 10th last season. Maybe because he is in a club which has been the most consistent team in the CL for the last 5- seasons and are a big favourite to win it next season along with the premierleague.
Yeah these days players only play for the money and leave their club for more money, not their ambnitions but Terry is not one of them ;)

well if it's more about ego cookies than money as you say, then being the key signing in taking a team from 10th to the CL in 2 or so seasons might have a certain ego cookie appeal, no? surely there are other reasons for leaving a club like Chelsea than *just* the money, no?

yeah i know i'm speculating and i don't know what's going on in JT's head. but as long as we're making stuff up i can do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.