Johnson should get the nod Wed

waspish said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
......................Tevez.....................
.......................Silva......................
...........Barry....Yaya.....Milner..........
...................De Jong......................
Kolorov.....Kolo....Kompany.....Boateng
....................Hart..........................

I think your spot on there with that team............
This.

Ade + Tevez = weak midfield, and when play together, they both seem to play in different rhythm all the time.

I think Mancini would be stupid not to start AJ on weds, if there's one thing we know from previous derbies, it's United can't handle skillful wingers. Evra, Fletcher, Vidic, Rio, etc. kicked fuck out of SWP 2 seasons ago and the same last year with Bellers. AJ is the sort of player who can get them booked and then sent off.

I'd also put SWP on the bench and bring him on to run at them in the second half, get a few more booked.

We should go for this, we're not shitty City any more, our squad is as good as theirs. As we're at home we should attack them and make them worry about us rather than the other way round. It'd be daft not to start with AJ and Silva.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I think Mancini would be stupid not to start AJ on weds, if there's one thing we know from previous derbies, it's United can't handle skillful wingers. Evra, Fletcher, Vidic, Rio, etc. kicked fuck out of SWP 2 seasons ago and the same last year with Bellers. AJ is the sort of player who can get them booked and then sent off.

I'd also put SWP on the bench and bring him on to run at them in the second half, get a few more booked.

We should go for this, we're not shitty City any more, our squad is as good as theirs. As we're at home we should attack them and make them worry about us rather than the other way round. It'd be daft not to start with AJ and Silva.

I disagree with pretty much all of this. What you absolutely cannot afford in these types of games is a passenger, unless they are absolutely shit-hot and can conjure something ridiculous up.

Arsenal have Arshavin (ish - well, last season anyway)
We have Balotelli.
Madrid have Ronaldo.
There are more examples, but not many.

Sorry, but Johnson just doesn't fall into this category, but he definitely does tend to be a passenger. He's generally ineffective for large chunks of a game, he's not good enough at defending, he gives the ball away too often, and he doesn't have the superstar quality (yet?) to do what those mentioned above can do.

Now don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player now, and has the potential to be an excellent player, but he needs to mature A LOT before he's deemed worthy of a starting place in these games.

Id love Jonno to start but i reckon Milner will get the nod ahead of him, Jonno to come on in the last 25 mins and run them ragged.

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:

I disagree with pretty much all of this. What you absolutely cannot afford in these types of games is a passenger, unless they are absolutely shit-hot and can conjure something ridiculous up.

Arsenal have Arshavin (ish - well, last season anyway)
We have Balotelli.
Madrid have Ronaldo.
There are more examples, but not many.

Sorry, but Johnson just doesn't fall into this category, but he definitely does tend to be a passenger. He's generally ineffective for large chunks of a game, he's not good enough at defending, he gives the ball away too often, and he doesn't have the superstar quality (yet?) to do what those mentioned above can do.

Now don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player now, and has the potential to be an excellent player, but he needs to mature A LOT before he's deemed worthy of a starting place in these games.

im sorry but i disagree with this too, ive seen milner give the ball away alot. being on the wing he is very inneffective. yes he will always track back and is a better defender, but against a rag team who are missing key players we dont need to sit back and try to get 10 behing the ball for people like park and obertan to attack us. we should be dominating possession and making runs and creatng chances. sitting back will be doing them a favor.

we are missing balo who is an out and out forward....and people want to replace him with either aj (winger) swp (winger) or milner(midfielder)

bloody play ade up there....god i know he is public enemy number one on here but to play any of the others in place of balo would leave us light weight upfront and tevez isolated.

let tev drop deep as he was vs west brom to great affect and play ade up top where balo was playing (sort of free to roam if you wathed with no defensive responsibilities)

KingofDraw said:
with balo not being able to play, i think we should use Johnson. i liked what formation we used vs west brom and i don't think ade would fit in there on the wings like balo can. i would put Johnson on the left and have him run at oshea or brown or Rafael all game.
I agree pal :-)

AJ started the last derby at COMS. 2 minutes in the game came a ball on the right. evra anticipated AJ and then looked straight him in the eyes . and if he was in his pocket throughout all the game. AJ does not have the balls yet.

i would bring milner in for mario,and that would be the only change,unless an injury crops up,this game may just be to soon for kolarov so stick with zab,but really us selecting who plays is all ifs and an's and of course mancini will select who he thinks is right for the game on the night...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.