Johnson - the closest thing since Giggs?

proper winger..wears number 11...seeing him in our retro kit, with that number running down the wing, sent a tingle dow my spine..suddenly I was transported back to the early 70's!

(as i was when I saw the bloke posting about the indian arsenal fan, and making poppadom jokes earlier today!)

Impeccable said:
OMG.... think I need to sit down. Am I reading a positive post!!!!!!?

I know what you mean...Ive put me razor blades sleeping pills and rope away.

Not having a go at him but his corners were quite poor.
But deservedly Man of The Match!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Johnson is the closest thing I have seen to Giggs in a very long time.

I saw Giggs make his debut against us (how did Wayne Clarke hit the post from there?)

He possesses the same directness, and closeness of control. It is also a long time since this club had anyone who can individually bring the play a good 30 or 40 yards upfield in our favour.

Very rarely do I get carried away by people at the outset of their careers, but I have seen enough football in my lifetime to recognise when somebody has ALL the fundamentals of the game.

There is a real desire and even at 22, he already has something which Giggs was not able to produce until later into his prime - a final ball.

This kid is only going to get better and better. There is a certain karma surrounding this. We were stiffed on Giggs, Johnson turned his back on the dark side to come to us.

A World Cup bet?

Hate to correct you Tolmie but he made his debut v Everton.His first goal was against us I think.
Wayne Clarke was shite thats how he missed!

Says on Wilkipedia that Giggs was mixed race through his Grandfather and suffered racism at school,never knew that.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Im in 110 and we stand up all game but it was the first time in ages that i have seen so many people get out of there seats around the ground when a player recieves the ball in space.

sit down if you love CITY, sit down if you love CITY!!

All 110 and 111 did it. Quality!!

Agree with what you say though, it's like when SWP was first coming to prominence cos everyone knew he would do something with it.

Tbilisi said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Johnson is the closest thing I have seen to Giggs in a very long time.

I saw Giggs make his debut against us (how did Wayne Clarke hit the post from there?)

He possesses the same directness, and closeness of control. It is also a long time since this club had anyone who can individually bring the play a good 30 or 40 yards upfield in our favour.

Very rarely do I get carried away by people at the outset of their careers, but I have seen enough football in my lifetime to recognise when somebody has ALL the fundamentals of the game.

There is a real desire and even at 22, he already has something which Giggs was not able to produce until later into his prime - a final ball.

This kid is only going to get better and better. There is a certain karma surrounding this. We were stiffed on Giggs, Johnson turned his back on the dark side to come to us.

A World Cup bet?

Hate to correct you Tolmie but he made his debut v Everton.His first goal was against us I think.
Wayne Clarke was shite thats how he missed!

Says on Wilkipedia that Giggs was mixed race through his Grandfather and suffered racism at school,never knew that.

does it mention Aids?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.