Johnson

He took the corner that lead to Balo's goal.
He scored a great goal himself.
He layed on the pass to barry that then went to milner for his goal.
He layed on the pass that silva nearly scored from.
He took the corner that vinny scored from.
He was involved in all four goals yesterday.

He's shit..get rid.

goater1978 said:
I thought he was very good today. We need players like aj as he is more direct. Silva and nasri are class but they are all nice measured buildup, probing passes etc. you occasionally need someone like aj to just run at defenders with pace.

Sorry, are we talking about AJ?

goater1978 said:
I thought he was very good today. We need players like aj as he is more direct. Silva and nasri are class but they are all nice measured buildup, probing passes etc. you occasionally need someone like aj to just run at defenders with pace.

Great summation end thread now.

royle said:
This thread gets made every time he plays now,usually started with the words "Ok i know he got a goal but"

We win 4-1 and there are always those who try to find a negative,a negative in a player who put a shift in,scored one,nearly a clever assist for another with Silva,did nothing wrong all game and yet here we are,another week another thread.

bang on the money.

ffs sake the lad is doing ok and playing to his manages wishes, at boro they did'nt even have a manager, they did'nt have a clue thats why he left to better his game.

Mancini even said in his post match interview that even though he got a goal he needs to improve because he is a very good player. I agree with this, he needs to start putting in a contribution for 90 minutes not pop in and out of the game like he currently does.

I think the problem is that most City fans enjoyed watching his when he was running at players every time he got the ball and 99% of the time taking them on and he is a breath of fresh air.

I believe most fans - me included - compare him to that frightening winger and because he isn't standing out, he's gone downhill but he has scored in the last 2 and had a part in all 4 goals yesterday. I'd still like to see him run at players, like he did vs Liverpool last season at home;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnuOq13RAM8[/youtube]

Those were the days I'd get excited whenever he got the ball, the first few clips in that video just see him getting the ball and pelting it at defenders, he doesn't seem to do that anymore - or as much as I'd like him to.

In the first half he seemed quiet, and unproductive, but this was mostly down to the fact that every time someone played the ball to him, they played it behind him so he had to check his run, allowing defenders time to double up.

There are a lot of young players who get off to a really good start and look like world beaters but then suffer a drop in form, usually the following season, the best players get through it and eventually become even better (Micah Richards), some (like Stephen Ireland) don't and have to move on. AJ is still working through this a little bit, he's not playing as well as he did when he first arrived but I think he's improving again and yesterday had a good game and was effective, I don't think there is anything to complain about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.