Johnson

hes stopped taking on defenders, dont know why? maybe commands from Mancini ?

lyonfish said:
There are a lot of young players who get off to a really good start and look like world beaters but then suffer a drop in form, usually the following season, the best players get through it and eventually become even better (Micah Richards), some (like Stephen Ireland) don't and have to move on. AJ is still working through this a little bit, he's not playing as well as he did when he first arrived but I think he's improving again and yesterday had a good game and was effective, I don't think there is anything to complain about.

Think your spot on there. Mancini is managing him and his career how it should be, you can see how AJ has improved his all around game and getting involved more with the midfield, that pass to Silva was class don't think he would of done that last season he would of tried to have a shot...................

bluebannana said:
hes stopped taking on defenders, dont know why? maybe commands from Mancini ?
No, I just think Mancini is putting him right as to WHEN and WHERE to take them on - namely in and around the box, otherwise it´s find a blue shirt and keep possession

Great squad player but for me we miss a really pacey winger. Think we will fix this in January ;)

Hes the only winger in our squad and the only player than can take people on, I dont think he should play against the likes of united or chelsea or against teams like Everton away but at home against the likes of villa, wolves etc he is very effective, he also said last week that he is okay about rotation so as long as he is happy about being a squad player we should keep him. However like another poster said in January we do need a pacy winger.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Hes the only winger in our squad and the only player than can take people on, I dont think he should play against the likes of united or chelsea or against teams like Everton away but at home against the likes of villa, wolves etc he is very effective, he also said last week that he is okay about rotation so as long as he is happy about being a squad player we should keep him. However like another poster said in January we do need a pacy winger.
Spot on mate

It's being mentioned that he is City's all time Premier League leader in dead-ball assists with 14...not bad...

When he first arrived he was great.

Then there was the nights out rubbish and it looked like he was believing in his own publicity and for me since then he sort of lost his way a little.

That said, he has been injured, but he also proved me wrong yesterday because like others have said he had industry, skill and played a part in all the goals. Very much improved and if he can continue that kind of progression he will be an excellent player for us. He totally deserved his start today and I'm really pleased he justified his selection.

Edit: I also think he has a terrific understanding with Silva.

The wing is the one area we dont have a top class player. Look down the spine of the team and we have some good top class players out wide we lack that. Johnson will be just your Mr Average in our squad. Yesterday he took his goal well but he hasnt kicked on since we bought him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.