Johnson

Every opposition we face breath a sigh of relief when hes dropped - especially their left sided players.

AJ is an impact player for me. I think Mancini is utilising him well. He will get over 35 starts in all comps this season easy.

I really rates him but He must improve though. No good putting in a shift for 10 mins. (as effective those 10 mins are)

He is one of the most inconsistent players we have . One game he is exceptional and rips full backs to shreds , the next he is rather average. He drifts in and out of games far too often aswell. But I think he is still a quality player with years in which to improve. All of his goals are always quality and on his day he is one of the best wingers in the league. He turns defenders inside out and has won numerous penalties over the years for us as a result of his skill. On Saturday, it was a mixed performance, he had a hand in all 4 goals , scored 1 , with 2 assists , yet there are drawn out periods where he seems to be just there. I understand why Mancini values him so much because he is a valuable asset and when selected , he has an impact, but he needs to rediscover that consistent form.

The pass he played to Silva yesterday was quality, he often does similar balls to release Richards. His game has come on massively under Mancini even if he isn't the perfect player - but in an odd way that's not a bad thing.

He isn't as good as Silva or Aguero but some of you don't realise this is actually an advantage. I'm sure he recognises how lucky he is to be playing amongst this squad (even though he is well worth his place in the 25) and hopefully he acknowledges that being regularly benched is part and parcel of playing in such a great team. If we had someone better instead (Robben, Ribery, Nani etc) then they just wouldn't take being a squad player no matter how good the calibre of fellow squad members are.

As I see it we can't manage any more world-class players and the egos they allbring - by ego I don't mean the way the media caricaturise our dressing room as sulky mercenaries but people like Dzeko and Silva have huge belief in their own abilities and rightly expect first team football if they are in good form - (see Dzeko's reaction to being subbed at Munich/Silva airing his frustrations about not playing for Spain/De Jong briefly making disgruntled noises when he had a spell out the team and was fit)

These players won't be as tolerant as marginally inferior squad members (Johnson, debatably Milner etc) if they aren't playing the majority of games.

We don't need any more amazing players :D.

Hope that ramble made some sense :S

He has scored 2 in 2 games, and against Villa his corners led to goal for Kompany and Balotelli.

His dribbling is recognised by everyone, but watch his passing too

He made his goal against Villa look easy, but he hit it 1st time on the half volley which meant warnoock had no time to get back, and Given couldn't close him down. Quality player.

Jesus H christ.

Every time we play well as a team and win, some Les Miserable **** comes on here and spouts absolute bull shit.

Johnson is getting better, class player who is still young and still finding his way.

A valuable member of our squad, took his goal well and set up 2 others.

What more do you want.

Johnson is a great player and a great asset to our squad. In my opinion he is probably the most technically gifted English player around at the moment and he frightens opposing defenders to death.

I hold my hands up _ I've been a Johnson doubter to a certain degree but with the way that RM uses him and the way he gets better as time goes on . . well, I'm fast becoming a convert.
He looks awkward but that's his style and it's awkward to defend against, he used to be a super sub against tired opposition but he's now starting to torment defences for the best part of 90 minutes, he isn't the best player in the world but he does have a bit of magic about him and he provides a difference that can usefully alter our style of play and upset the oppositions planned tactics.

And, yes, I agree that he's fast becoming one of the best young English players out there.

Hats off to the fella and may he serve up more of the same.

I am one of Johnson's harshest critics, if I had my way he would never start another game against a good club (top 4, CL teams etc) because he's done fuck all against them so far.

But against the average sides and the poor sides he's very very good. One of the few players I have complete trust in making something happen and that's so important, secondly Balo aside he's the only player we have who actually excels when the game gets tight. If he can bring his game up just that little bit more I honestly think he'll be as important as anyone in our league campaigns.

cookster said:
Great squad player but for me we miss a really pacey winger. Think we will fix this in January ;)

We won't be getting a winger in January, or the summer either. Roberto doesn't believe in them and that's why he plays left-footed Johnson on the right, where he isn't a winger at all, rather a wide mid-fielder.
Wingers make runs down the chalk-line and bang over crosses, they don't have to cut inside and take on the whole defence; they beat the full-back with pace or trickery and then get the ball in the middle where it hurts.
Think back to Petrov and Bellamy.
Our full-backs are now expected to play this role.

Each man to his trade,I say.

We're doing well; we could be doing better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.