Johnson

I'm a big fan of AJ. I think he's a constant in our squad, he's a no surprises kind of guy, you know what you're going to get from him. He'll rarely have an awful game, he'll rarely have a world class game, he's steady.

I think one of the major reasons you don't see him taking fullbacks apart as much these days is because the style of our game has changed. We no longer rely as heavily on such pieces of individual brilliance, so it's not necessary to risk losing possession by taking it past players, instead he just contributes (incredibly well I'd say) to turning the screw on teams. He helps work openings and is rarely credited with the intelligent runs he makes off the ball. I remember against Wigan, for our first and last goals he made runs which pulled defenders away from Aguero giving him the time and space to score. He does that all the time but I never see anybody mention it.

I think he gives our team an extra dimension and there's very few players out there who play with a complete ensemble of technique, goal scoring, work ethic and awareness on the level that he provides.

I think he is very much underrated on here, I see him as an invaluable squad member and I'm gonna get stick for this but I think he has the potential to be our Giggs (hopefully without the shafting his brother's missus bit).

SebastianBlue said:
california blue said:
Ok he got his goal today - well done

But for me i can't see him being anything more than just a tricky winger.

He doesnt have that spark to push on to be in the 'best' category

I remember when he played against us for boro in the cup...i thought he was a flyer down the wing...looked frightening.

I see him as a flat track bully if you will.

He scored and had a hand in every other goal. I worry about his skill or ambition being limited a bit by focusing on all-around training but let's not confuse a good performance with a bad one just because he is not a flashy as he once was.

In this team he doesnt need to be flashy,he does what he does very well and is a very important squad member...

I cant for the life of me think why this thread has started tbh..unless someone can tell me otherwise..he's a better player now than when at Boro..

Feck me. Johno has a FANTASTIC game.
He scores one and has a big hand in the other 3 yet some folks are never satisfied.

This thread, on Johno's performance yesterday is a BIG no need.

BlueAnorak said:
Feck me. Johno has a FANTASTIC game.
He scores one and has a big hand in the other 3 yet some folks are never satisfied.

This thread, on Johno's performance yesterday is a BIG no need.

Careful now..youll be accused of being stupid.

samharris said:
SebastianBlue said:
california blue said:
Ok he got his goal today - well done

But for me i can't see him being anything more than just a tricky winger.

He doesnt have that spark to push on to be in the 'best' category

I remember when he played against us for boro in the cup...i thought he was a flyer down the wing...looked frightening.

I see him as a flat track bully if you will.

He scored and had a hand in every other goal. I worry about his skill or ambition being limited a bit by focusing on all-around training but let's not confuse a good performance with a bad one just because he is not a flashy as he once was.

In this team he doesnt need to be flashy,he does what he does very well and is a very important squad member...

I cant for the life of me think why this thread has started tbh..unless someone can tell me otherwise..he's a better player now than when at Boro..

You know that was my point, yeah?

SebastianBlue said:
samharris said:
SebastianBlue said:

Was agreeing with you bud..

samharris said:
SebastianBlue said:
samharris said:

Was agreeing with you bud..

The ellipsis has a tendency of muddling meaning...

quiet_riot said:
In the first half he seemed quiet, and unproductive, but this was mostly down to the fact that every time someone played the ball to him, they played it behind him so he had to check his run, allowing defenders time to double up.

playing the ball behind him never
him sat behind me wouldnt shut up saying he wasnt far enough forward

Johnson was outstanding yesterday for many reasons already mentioned.

But one other thing to add;

His positioning and control were excellent. Everytime there was a cross-field pass he pulled away from Warnock and killed the ball expertly.

With positioning like that he doesn't need his pace as much. A much more mature player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.