Johnson

I've always stuck up for Johnson, I think he's a top player and has been since he joined us. However I could understand a bit towards the end of last season when people said his performances wern't as good.

Criticising him after yesterdays game though is a joke. He played well and was involved in all four goals. What more do you want from him?

I remain unconvinced, decent impact player off the bench, not improved because he has not worked hard enough, note how he no longer uses his right foot making him and easier player to defend against as his play is a lot more predictable than previously was the case,

City Raider said:
he's never gonna be a messi - so what?

wingers are inconsistent, thats the nature of them and he probs isnt first choice for the big games, but what a player to bring in to change a game or when others are being rested

his attributes are unique in our squad and he's a vital part of it, without him by the time the derby comes next week nasri or silva are knackered

people need to start looking beyond the first x1 and at the bigger picture

WELL AJ think his full of it top player
THE holly shit media tipped Johnson to be the next Maradona, they fucked with his head of how skillful gifted young English footballer with a quality of potential world class winger can be, skillful talent that England lacks, wasting his career at City and it's a crime against football to rob the English fans and national team of such a fine player, and to not allow him to develop his full potential by keeping him on the bench, as super sup It would be incredibly harsh to waste his career at City if he doesn't get to play week in week out????
AJ thinks he really is a top top class player that's Johnson's problem

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I've always stuck up for Johnson, I think he's a top player and has been since he joined us. However I could understand a bit towards the end of last season when people said his performances wern't as good.

Criticising him after yesterdays game though is a joke. He played well and was involved in all four goals. What more do you want from him?
Spot on. If Silva had scored one and had 3 assists yesterday, there'd be mass hysteria on here. Give AJ a break. Yes, he'll never be a Messi (or a Silva, come to that). But he's one of ours. We do seem to have an element in our support who like to have a dig at our own players (think back to Richard Edgehill). Can't fathom it out myself.

Have thought that his play had been down lately but am starting to think that he could emerge again as a more rounded player. His dribbling used to be more exciting maybe but he also lost the ball a lot more.

Think Mancini has molded him into a real fine asset and we'll all realize it soon. Happy to be wearing his no. on my shirt right now.

Johnson is a very gifted player but not at the top of his game. He isnt making the overall impact that he made when he first joined the club in the sense that he isnt routinely terrorising full backs. But because he has such talent he can still make telling contributions. Probably best summed up Blackburn where his contribution was very limited until he scored a superb goal.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:

Ditto GMRR, he's also a different player now to what we bought IMO. Bobby has added more to his game in a similar way to how Peter Barnes changed as he got older & more experienced. I see a lot of similarities to both AJ and Peter Barnes...both excellent players who have/had the ability to change games which is a useful weapon to have in your armory!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.