Johnson

california blue

Ok he got his goal today - well done

But for me i can't see him being anything more than just a tricky winger.

He doesnt have that spark to push on to be in the 'best' category

I remember when he played against us for boro in the cup...i thought he was a flyer down the wing...looked frightening.

I see him as a flat track bully if you will.

Johno pushes defenders into the box every time...and either gets a nice cross, pass or gets pulled down for a penalty...

Every goal he gets is exceptional too...

AJ's skill puts fear in any defender. Any time he has the ball he's pushing defenders into the box. Either making a cross, pass, or being pulled down for a fowl/penalty. No defender challenges his quick feet. For me he's one of the best signings by Mancini considering his price and where he came from...

His goals are always highlight reels as well...

Unless he learns how to play away from the right wing, he will never reach the next level.

Had a good enough performance today, though. Very classy finish. He has so much potential.

This thread gets made every time he plays now,usually started with the words "Ok i know he got a goal but"

We win 4-1 and there are always those who try to find a negative,a negative in a player who put a shift in,scored one,nearly a clever assist for another with Silva,did nothing wrong all game and yet here we are,another week another thread.

Geeze even when he scores he can't do much right. AJ is still my favourite player and adds something a little different as an attacking winger. Wasn't his greatest day at the office but he is a game changer that is capable of the extraordinary. Would be gutted to see him leave.

I think he's great, one thing I always notice about him is his ability to turn his hips seperatley from the rest of his body and it always throws the defenders as he gets in so close to them. I would be a bit pissed off if he was sold. Always seems to be working hard and isn't a gobshite like certain Argentinian players have been in the past!

I thought he was very good today. We need players like aj as he is more direct. Silva and nasri are class but they are all nice measured buildup, probing passes etc. you occasionally need someone like aj to just run at defenders with pace.

Has Henry Winter (telegraph) reported on him getting a rare start against Villa?!!! Yes his fourth rare start of the season (injured for two games).
Thought he did well yesterday. Not brilliant but he scored 1 and had a big part in two others, so was very influential, as he usually is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.