Joie Stadium 20th October

Nellie

Not sure where exactly to post this, but I hope someone can help by answering these two questions : -

1. This Sunday (20th Oct) I’m booked on a flight that arrives in Manchester Airport at 08.10 because I’ve a ticket for the WSL match v Aston Villa at the Joie Stadium (KO 12.15]. I’m staying locally in West Gorton on Sunday night, so I will be bringing an overnight bag with me, but I understand that the stadium staff will not permit a bag of its size into the stadium and there is no bag drop-off zone at the Joie on match days, only at the Etihad. I have to get a train from the airport into Piccadilly, so is there a left luggage facility at Piccadilly station or somewhere else locally where I can securely leave my bag? (Annoyingly my accommodation won’t let me check in until after 3p.m.)

2. After the women’s game finishes, which should be around 2.15pm, I’d like to be able to watch the men’s game away to Wolves somewhere nearby as by that time their match will already have started (KO 2pm). I rang the club’s Fan Support team and they recommended a bar called Mary D’s which is very close to the Etihad campus. Is anyone familiar with this bar or would you suggest somewhere else instead?

Thanks in advance

There is a bag drop facility at Piccadilly station. It is expensive but should provide no problems using it.

Most hotels will allow you to drop your bags off early even if you cannot check in at that stage. Sometimes they may charge a nominal fee for that. This will be a lot cheaper than the Piccadilly left luggage option.

Not sure where exactly to post this, but I hope someone can help by answering these two questions : -

1. This Sunday (20th Oct) I’m booked on a flight that arrives in Manchester Airport at 08.10 because I’ve a ticket for the WSL match v Aston Villa at the Joie Stadium (KO 12.15]. I’m staying locally in West Gorton on Sunday night, so I will be bringing an overnight bag with me, but I understand that the stadium staff will not permit a bag of its size into the stadium and there is no bag drop-off zone at the Joie on match days, only at the Etihad. I have to get a train from the airport into Piccadilly, so is there a left luggage facility at Piccadilly station or somewhere else locally where I can securely leave my bag? (Annoyingly my accommodation won’t let me check in until after 3p.m.)

2. After the women’s game finishes, which should be around 2.15pm, I’d like to be able to watch the men’s game away to Wolves somewhere nearby as by that time their match will already have started (KO 2pm). I rang the club’s Fan Support team and they recommended a bar called Mary D’s which is very close to the Etihad campus. Is anyone familiar with this bar or would you suggest somewhere else instead?

Thanks in advance
Hand it in at the customer services’ desk at ASDA saying it’s lost property.

Collect after the match.

1) There are several places that will store your luggage.
Just search " Luggage storage Manchester Piccadilly" and you will find a good few websites that provide the service.
You will probably have to prebook and pay online prior to dropping your bags off. I think I used a company that may have been called " Bounce" but there are several.
Cost about £5. Funnily enough, the place that stored them was a hotel near Piccadilly.

2) Youll need to get to a pub quick so not to miss much of the Wolves match.
Mary D's is quite close to the Etihad.
Just don't be expecting a wine menu or fancy cocktails.
The " haute cuisine" is the chipper next door to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.