Joie Stadium 20th October

Thank you for all your replies - some very helpful, although Madge at no. 76 won’t be getting a knock on her door from me, for sure!

I will certainly look into using one of the bag storage facilities near to Piccadilly, not in the station itself, as my accommodation won’t let me check in until after 3pm. (It’s a self check-in overnight stay, not a hotel.)

Because the Wolves game will have started by the time the Aston Villa match is over, I may just head to Mary D’s as it’s so close. If I come out in one piece, I’ll let you know how I get on!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thank you for all your replies - some very helpful, although Madge at no. 76 won’t be getting a knock on her door from me, for sure!

I will certainly look into using one of the bag storage facilities near to Piccadilly, not in the station itself, as my accommodation won’t let me check in until after 3pm. (It’s a self check-in overnight stay, not a hotel.)

Because the Wolves game will have started by the time the Aston Villa match is over, I may just head to Mary D’s as it’s so close. If I come out in one piece, I’ll let you know how I get on!

Thanks again!
Best of luck. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Possibly too late, but have a look at the Stasher App or Stasher.com. Lots of storage options open near to Picc Station using Premier Inn for less than a fiver.

The Prem Inn on Dale St, is straight down Station Approach , turn right, then 1st left and it's 100 yards away. £4.69 to leave your bag all day if you like. Suggest a breakfast there as well and then walk towards the Stadium via Ancoats as there are some great pubs on the way (Port Street Beer House, Cask), or alternatvely Picc Tap and back onto the Met to the Etihad.

After the game Mary D's is your nearest option, it is what it is, some people love it, some not so. Why not do the 1st half there and then get an Uber down to Box on Deansgate, or Tib Street Tavern, or the Waldorf or any pub in the City showing the game.

Enjoy the game tomorrow (today)

Can’t believe anyone would miss the start of a City game through watching a women’s game.
I can't believe that the people that run the game would make people choose, it isn't the first time games have clashed.

Also, I thought you were a better poster than that sort of shitty comment as well tbh.

Thanks again!
Hope you enjoy the game.

You do know Madge doesn`t just look after suitcase ;-)

Mary d`s is a typical match day bozzer a bit Spartan so after the game you`ll come out with your shield or on it.

Enjoy.

I can't believe that the people that run the game would make people choose, it isn't the first time games have clashed.

Also, I thought you were a better poster than that sort of shitty comment as well tbh.

I see where you are coming from but I see it this way, the market is saturated people aren't going to see both even if they are into women's football.

IMHO being put on at the same time wont affect anything at all, if the ladies game can't stand a little competition then it's doomed to failure.

Might want to go in the Townley to watch, 5 mins further but unless you're after the noise a cheaper and better pint as well awaits at the Townley.

Maybe do the first half there then get a taxi into the centre for the second half?

Can’t believe anyone would miss the start of a City game through watching a women’s game.

pdf_5c5a1d30-218f-11ea-8495-f435a43bb11e.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.