Joleon Lescott, Why?

Eccles Blue

Last season Mark Hughes made us look a laughing stock by pursuing this player and raising the wrath of the Everton Manager and fans. So what has he done for City since? Nowt. He got injured and now, in pre-season, is still playing like a Championship player and we lost one of our better players, imho, Richard Dunne, for a bit of a crock. Why?

quick to forget the form he had when he wasnt injured last season? when he was with kompany in defence he was brilliant. don't worry, he'll come good!

Hammond said:
quick to forget the form he had when he wasnt injured last season? when he was with kompany in defence he was brilliant. don't worry, he'll come good!

I am sorry, which match was that then? I never remember him being brilliant, passable maybe but never brilliant. :-)

Once he had settled into the team last season him and Kompany looked the best centre back partnership we had all season!

Manchester_is_blue said:
It think Lescott and Kompany should be are starting CBs, last season the small run they had together they looked solid.

this!

lescott is quality, and a step up from dunne

when he was playing regularly with kompany the defence looked solid

Lescott is quality and quality always shows through, last season was broken up to much by injuries so you can't really make a judgement on him yet, it's a bit premature. I also feel alot of blues need to show a bit more patience with Mancini and many other issues relating to the club, revolutions don't take place inside a couple of years.

From what I saw, we had Bridge on the left bombing down that wing... then leaving Lescott to cover both positions so we had many cock ups. It all went downhill when Joleon got injured.

Well a bit harsh judging him from yesterday, but dear god he was slow and poor. But I'm not concerned yet, friendly preseason and all that. But he has some serious convincing to do.

Eccles Blue said:
Last season Mark Hughes made us look a laughing stock by pursuing this player and raising the wrath of the Everton Manager and fans. So what has he done for City since? Nowt. He got injured and now, in pre-season, is still playing like a Championship player and we lost one of our better players, imho, Richard Dunne, for a bit of a crock. Why?

hahahahahaha he had an injury last season and now he is just a crock!

he is a quality player and will be our main stay starting fullback imho.

i wouldn't believe everything the blue dippers say about him AFTER he was sold to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.