Joleon Lescott, Why?

Dunne's behaviour in his early years outweighed the latter years for me.

Lescott will be a great signing for the club but unfourtunely we signed Kolo Toure who should never had been signed at the cost of loosing Dunne. Look at the defence it would of been Lescott and Dunne as a pairing. Since Dunne left Kolo hasnt been up to it which has seen Kompany take over from Kolo as a first choice centre back. I've got a feeling that Kolo wont be here this time next year. Dont think we will sell him this season but at the end of the year maybe we will. Wenger got rid for a reason and Kolo hasnt hit the heights of years gone past.

Eccles Blue said:
Hammond said:
quick to forget the form he had when he wasnt injured last season? when he was with kompany in defence he was brilliant. don't worry, he'll come good!

I am sorry, which match was that then? I never remember him being brilliant, passable maybe but never brilliant. :-)
after the first couple of months or so most of them he was bang in form when he first got injured yert came back in good form and got injured again.

As for your Dunne example it's a poor one. It is sad but true much as we all loved the dunny monster he had gone stale in City's colours sometimes a player can stay too long it's no coincidence his form picked up at Villa he needed the move to reignite the last few years of his career

Manchester_is_blue said:
It think Lescott and Kompany should be are starting CBs, last season the small run they had together they looked solid.

Last night they looked dreadful, Kompany was in no mans land when the cross came in for the first goal - he could have made it more difficult for the scorer regardless of Micah's poor positioning. Lescott was easily turned and left for dead more than once, and Kompany totally sold himself for the second goal. Plenty of room for improvement there IMO.

I've got a feeling that Kolo will be our 1st choice CB this season, most likely alongside Joleon or Vinnie.

He seems to like Boyata as well.

It's going to be interesting to see who he picks.

he's fuckin pants! everton took you for mugs the same way villa will with milner!!!

lescott 24mil???????? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE i wouldnt even pay 5mil for him lol

should of kept richard dunne! your loyal captain! along with swp the only player left from the main road days! you would never catch us reds treating gary neville, scholes or giggs the way city treated dunne and are treating swp at the moment

Eccles Blue said:
Last season Mark Hughes made us look a laughing stock by pursuing this player and raising the wrath of the Everton Manager and fans. So what has he done for City since? Nowt. He got injured and now, in pre-season, is still playing like a Championship player and we lost one of our better players, imho, Richard Dunne, for a bit of a crock. Why?

Yeah and bring back Corradi, i mean Tevez whats the point of him FFS!!!

Sorry mate but you must of missed his form after his rocky start<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:47 pm --<br /><br />
bluejase said:
Think I'm the only one on here who doesnt rate vinny as a CH. My prefered two would be Kolo and Joleon.

Kolo the clown, are you blind or just weird!!!

eshiers1 said:
Manchester_is_blue said:
It think Lescott and Kompany should be are starting CBs, last season the small run they had together they looked solid.

this!

lescott is quality, and a step up from dunne

when he was playing regularly with kompany the defence looked solid

I agree with this! Defensively we looked at our best when Lescott played with Kompany. Not when Dunne played with Kolo, not when Kolo played with Kompany.

He is the best CB at the club and even if Dunne had been here still I'll still say that. Dunne may have got into the team of the season but the reason why we let him go (even tho I thought he still should have been a squad player for us!) was highlighted in the League Cup final when he stumbled over the ball and gave it away when United equised and got right back into the game after being 1-0 down, United actually took control from then.

When fit last season Lescott really was good, he'll be more settled this season and hopefully will play more, therefore I'm excited to see how well he'll play. Yes we paid too much for him, but other than Adam Johnson and Shay Given we've paid too much for everyone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.