Joleon Lescott

Had one of the so called best strikers in his pocket all night long. Despite the diving cheating weasel doing his best to con the referee all night Lescott kept him in check.

ANY1aBLUE said:
bert38 said:
Kompany and Lescott complement each other perfectly. Good on the ground, strong in the air-both huge physical presence. Bit like a Dunne/Distin upgrade.

As much as I like Kolo when he plays it means Komps shifts to the left which makes us look unbalanced and we lose the aerial power of Lescott too.

Whilst Lescott's performances have improved, can someone explain why we need two holding midfield players?

Im not being deliberately argumentative or downgrading Lescott/Kompany, who are well capable of dealing with domestic attacks - i'm just opening it up for a snsible debate.

If we had the best two central defenders in the world (moot point) then would we still play two holding midfield players? If the answer is no, then in order to move on to the next stage and compete with Barca/Real then we have to sort that out..........................don't we?

As long as we play with attacking full-backs we need 2DMs for breakaway cover.

bert38 said:
Kompany and Lescott complement each other perfectly. Good on the ground, strong in the air-both huge physical presence. Bit like a Dunne/Distin upgrade.

As much as I like Kolo when he plays it means Komps shifts to the left which makes us look unbalanced and we lose the aerial power of Lescott too.

Correct.

Lescott is good enough to get the job done, however an upgrade at that position would put us in great position. Imagine Lescott being the #3 and Kolo #4. That would be ridiculous. If there was a way we could pry away Silva from AC Milan, I would be all over that. Vinny/Silva would be fkn class!!

member222 said:
Lescott is good enough to get the job done, however an upgrade at that position would put us in great position. Imagine Lescott being the #3 and Kolo #4. That would be ridiculous. If there was a way we could pry away Silva from AC Milan, I would be all over that. Vinny/Silva would be fkn class!!

Sorry I don't agree, the lad has now settled right in and is doing great, we don't need to upgrade he is doing just fine

Ducado said:
member222 said:

Sorry I don't agree, the lad has now settled right in and is doing great, we don't need to upgrade he is doing just fine
This ^^^^ Lescott hasnt really put a foot wrong all season so why would we want to replace him? The lad took his oppurtunity for his place with both hands last year and ain't letting go, he doesn't need to.

From what I've seen he's the best left sided CB in the Prem, in fact, I'd say that Vince has partnered Lescott well this season, not the other way around.

Perfectly suited them 2 and they've still got years ahead of them. Long may they reign.

ello_jo said:
Ducado said:
member222 said:

This ^^^^ Lescott hasnt really put a foot wrong all season so why would we want to replace him? The lad took his oppurtunity for his place with both hands last year and ain't letting go, he doesn't need to.

Agreed our Centre backs have formed a great partnership why would we want to unsettle that pairing. Who's to say a more expensive replacement for Lescott is gonna bed straight in. If its not broke don't try to fix it, as the saying go's.

Ducado said:
member222 said:

Agreed, he's showing the excellent form on a consistent basis that we saw at Everton, for me he deserves one of England's centre-halve spots at the Euro's, he has been brilliant and reliable all season.

The Goat 10 said:
Ducado said:
member222 said:

Agreed, he's showing the excellent form on a consistent basis that we saw at Everton, for me he deserves one of England's centre-halve spots at the Euro's, he has been brilliant and reliable all season.

Absolutely this. Met the challenge head on and is now one of the first names on the sheet when it really matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.