Joleon Lescott

lastmanback said:
Best and most consistent defender this season.

quality centre half. commanding,strong,rugged,reads the game well, makes vital interceptions,great ariel ability..and only three yellow cards in just under three seasons. for a centre half to have that sort of record in the premier league he must be a master at timing challenges. pure quality.maybe not classy and as composed as vinny, but this is a man who has fought his way into mancini,s team..and stayed there.

well done lescott.outstanding defender.

and that yellow card at everton the other week still winds me up..his first foul and he gets booked. peter walton just showed what a incompetent ref he really is.

lescott is still top of the league.

citysince88 said:
I have defended Lescott more than most on the site and It's nice to see he's getting some deserved praise. However lets not go too far he has some obvious flaws such as a lack of pace and some awkward passing which eventually clubs will identify and target, so if a quality left footed centre half that can match Lescotts physical qualities whilst being quicker and better with the ball becomes available we have to be a bit brutal and grab them as unfair as it would be on Lescott we're after the best.

That said his current form makes him one of the best defenders in the league and he is obviously well liked in the dressing room.

Its amazing that he has played football for 10 years and not 1 manager has identified and then targeted it that and then you come along and his career is over

BoyBlue_1985 said:
citysince88 said:
I have defended Lescott more than most on the site and It's nice to see he's getting some deserved praise. However lets not go too far he has some obvious flaws such as a lack of pace and some awkward passing which eventually clubs will identify and target, so if a quality left footed centre half that can match Lescotts physical qualities whilst being quicker and better with the ball becomes available we have to be a bit brutal and grab them as unfair as it would be on Lescott we're after the best.

That said his current form makes him one of the best defenders in the league and he is obviously well liked in the dressing room.

Its amazing that he has played football for 10 years and not 1 manager has identified and then targeted it that and then you come along and his career is over

*chortles*

There isn't a single defender in the league that doesn't fuck up from time to time. The difference is with us is that when VK makes a mistake either everybody ignores it or instantly forgives him, whereas Lescott's mistakes haven't been met with the same level of tolerance (although I think that's started to change recently).

Lescott has his faults along with every other defender in the league, but our defensive performances over the previous two seasons prove that he's been doing something right and that other teams' managers haven't been able to 'suss out' his 'weakness'.

Last year people were intimating that the reason for our solid defense was due to the fact that the team overall were set out defensively; wonder what there reasoning is this season?

Never been his biggest fan, but he has been good this season.

88% passing success as well, which suggests to me it's not as big a problem as made out.

His time looking after Savic has increased his overall performance levels massively.

He is more vocal and his decision making is starting to mirror vinnie. Rock solid partnership...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.