Joleon Lescott

CC1 said:
BlueDejong said:
Sign new contract ? haha. No kidding.

He's no more place at City. Championship player.

Well he was not the worse defender - have to say that Zab was marking Campbell for the 3rd. In fact, Lescott was probably one of the best defenders today. Out defence of set pieces was to blame and we had no organisation - where was the Captain???
Don't want to pick out players to blame, but... Mancini did put Yaya on captaincy once and we lost that match. Can't remember which one, but afterwards Mancini did point out there was a lack of leadership on the pitch. Maybe Yaya just isn't captain material?

I thought Joleon was alright today..I thought Joe Hart was rooted for both goals from the corners,surely you have got to be knocking defenders out of the way to get to the ball??..Wouldnt really blame the fullbacks either..but for me the biggest waste of space was Yaya..can he sprint defending?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
kippaxchris said:
BlueDejong said:

He did quite well it was Garcia who was the problem Zabaleta and Clichy! Lescott doesn't deserve this thread after his performance today hes a limited defender

He's probably the best 'limited defender' in the PL! He needs a decision maker next to him.

Couldn't agree more!

I don't think there will be many central defenders with worse footballing ability than Lescott that will perform in a top 4 PL side in my opinion.

Can do the job in a PL game but alongside someone like Garcia, just awful. Also, unless he can play with Nastasic (their both left footed which seems to be a problem), he shouldn't get a new contract. Pisses me off that we have 2 central defenders who might not work together. You don't see Evans having a problem playing alongside Rio or Vidic. Or Smalling or Jones having problems playing with any of those.

It just makes our defensive depth look even worse than it is supposed to be.

BlueCityfan said:
Can do the job in a PL game but alongside someone like Garcia, just awful. Also, unless he can play with Nastasic (their both left footed which seems to be a problem), he shouldn't get a new contract. Pisses me off that we have 2 central defenders who might not work together. You don't see Evans having a problem playing alongside Rio or Vidic. Or Smalling or Jones having problems playing with any of those.

did garcia play ?.seriously he hides rearely seen him can pass ok but isnt a defender because a defender sniffs out danger.

-- Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm --

BlueCityfan said:

did garcia play ?.seriously he hides rearely seen him can pass ok but isnt a defender because a defender sniffs out danger.

-- Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm --

BlueCityfan said:

did garcia play ?.seriously he hides rearely seen him can pass ok but isnt a defender because a defender sniffs out danger.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm --<br /><br />
BlueCityfan said:

He can't play with Nastasic. Nastasic needs to be with Kompany. Someone who asserts themselves on the pitch both in footballing terms and mentally.

Stick anyone alongside Kompany and there is a good chance they will do well, look at Boyata v Bayern.

Akira said:
CC1 said:
BlueDejong said:

Well he was not the worse defender - have to say that Zab was marking Campbell for the 3rd. In fact, Lescott was probably one of the best defenders today. Out defence of set pieces was to blame and we had no organisation - where was the Captain???
Don't want to pick out players to blame, but... Mancini did put Yaya on captaincy once and we lost that match. Can't remember which one, but afterwards Mancini did point out there was a lack of leadership on the pitch. Maybe Yaya just isn't captain material?
He was captain for Sunderland at home we won 3-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.