Joleon Lescott

Lescott always comes across uneasy when he has the ball at his feet BUT he is great at timing a tackle the defence as a whole weren't up to much today but we always always have games like this at least once or twice a season we learn we move on

CC1 said:
BlueDejong said:
Sign new contract ? haha. No kidding.

He's no more place at City. Championship player.

Well he was not the worse defender - have to say that Zab was marking Campbell for the 3rd. In fact, Lescott was probably one of the best defenders today. Out defence of set pieces was to blame and we had no organisation - where was the Captain???

But not being the worst of a group that was awful isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. He's not good enough. He's fine with Vinnie but a player shouldn't go from a 7 out of 10 to a 5 out of 10 because Vinnie isn't in the lineup. To me that shows how limited he really is. That Vinnie is covering for a lot of worts on our team.

Be better on the market stall flogging his range of clothing he is forever plugging,his days as a footballer are numbered to say the least,but surely his City/prem days are over now,looks so uncomfortable on the ball,quite scary really

Nothing against Joleon, but if City are going to seriously challenge for the title, we need another quality centre half alongside Kompany and Nasty.

Shouldn't really be posting in this thread without having read that many comments in it but i'm wondering if this thread has resurfaced because Joleon fell on his arse and almost presented Cardiff with another goal towards the end. I think he's a decent player and i'd like to see him stay. Is he overrated? Not really, I don't think he's ever been particularly rated in the first place - good squad player in my mind and a definite starter for most teams outside the big guns in my book.

He isn't good enough. Wasn't last season and showing he isn't this season.

We dropped a bollock letting kolo go for free, leaving no cover on the right (boyota
aint good enough either)

Not getting someone in quickly is
Going to cost us again.

Joleon was fine today and mostly defended very well. He didn't let Kim run past him to cross for the first or let Campbell got a free run at the cross. He didn't miss the punch from the corner or let the guy he was marking score with his shoulder.And he also didn't forget to mark his man for the 3rd either.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Joleon was fine today and mostly defended very well. He didn't let Kim run past him to cross for the first or let Campbell got a free run at the cross. He didn't miss the punch from the corner or let the guy he was marking score with his shoulder.And he also didn't forget to mark his man for the 3rd either.

This is how we all see a match differently.

I thought Lescott was poor constantly giving the ball away and not having any influence as a leader on that back four which Kompany brings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.