Joleon Lescott

Vienna_70 said:
Crouchinho said:
I wish Spurs would have signed him, I'm shocked no one bigger came in for him. He lost a lot of pace (he never was the quickest in the world) but reads the game pretty well. I'm sure we would have conceded ten less with him here. Mind you, in good old Spurs fashion we may have conceded more just to get on my nerves!!!

Congratulations to Joleon on his award. Fully deserved if his performance against the chavs is anything to go by.

However, I don't agree on your point about Joleon's lack of pace; he was fast enough, at least while he was with us.

Mrs Vienna is an even bigger fan of JL than me and still maintains we shouldn't have sold him.

i didn't mean for him to sound like a slow coach, he was far from it, a lot pacier than a lot of our previous and current defenders (Corluka, Dawson, Fazio etc) . I thought he and Kompany were brilliant together. I'm still mythed why there wasn't more interest

Well done joleon, really pleased for him, thought he was great for us on his day. Miss him loads.

Quite right Eccles, not surprised you wanted to swear!! Absolutely nothing to do with that horrible lot in any way!!

Eccles Blue said:
Now I'm sure those of you who have read my posts over the months/years know that I do not swear, couldn't care less about others but it is not my style; however, this from the BBC website brought me very, very, very close:

"Joleon Lescott was named West Brom's player of the season yesterday and the centre-back is clearly gracious in victory.

Whatever happened at the Baggies' end of season award ceremony though, it could never, ever top Louis van Gaal's sensational address at Manchester United's do.

And if you haven't seen it already, are you an ostrich?

"Honoured to have won player of the year. Grateful the fans appreciated my efforts and for voting.
Joleon Lescott

10:34 a.m. - 22 May 2015"
"

How dare they take away Joleon's glory and mention that turtle faced fat controller in the same paragraph???????? Joleon has more class in his little finger than that tffc has in the whole of his fat body!!!

Whoops, sorry, I will calm down now. I'll get the nurse to give me my pills!! :-)

Whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooo missus.You`re going straight to hell for that !!

People talked of Kompany being the best centre half in the world and in 2010-11 and 2011-12 Joleon was just as good, across long stretches of both season he was the better player on form.

Will always love Joleon, cracking lad, cracking player!

Well done Joleoninho, couple more seasons and then you'll be back to star trek! :)

KippaxCitizen said:
People talked of Kompany being the best centre half in the world and in 2010-11 and 2011-12 Joleon was just as good, across long stretches of both season he was the better player on form.

Will always love Joleon, cracking lad, cracking player!

I couldn't agree more.

Jolson was every bit as important to our FA Cup and 2011/12 title successes as Vinnie was.

His contribution to the cause will never be forgotten by true Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.