Jonny Evans is one of the best defenders in the world?!

Re: Jonny Evans is one of the best defenders in the world???????

jay_mcfc said:
Whilst people might mock, I have thought for a while he should be a candidate for player of the year. You think where United were when Vidic got the injury to rule him out for the season and everyone thought City would win the league after that. But Evans has come in and been brilliant. You could argue their defence has been better with Ferdinand and Evans than it has been for some time, the 6-1 apart.

Fans of other clubs love to mock Evans and he did have a spell where he was utter shite but now he's had a run in the team United haven't missed Vidic a bit and that says a lot about what Evans has done.

Spot on, the rags loathe him too for some reason and i think he has developed into a very good player. He is better than Smalling and Jones.

BigBlueNick said:
My dad (who is a big blue) works for a company that have a box at Utd.
On Sunday he was enteraining some customers at the Villa game.
He was given a programme and according to him Fergusbum has said that Jonny Evans is "one of the best defenders in the world"!
Is he on crack??

Doesn't he usually do this with players he flogs so he can squeeze some more cash out of some dopy ex player loyal to him like a lapdog.

Rascal said:
jay_mcfc said:
Whilst people might mock, I have thought for a while he should be a candidate for player of the year. You think where United were when Vidic got the injury to rule him out for the season and everyone thought City would win the league after that. But Evans has come in and been brilliant. You could argue their defence has been better with Ferdinand and Evans than it has been for some time, the 6-1 apart.

Fans of other clubs love to mock Evans and he did have a spell where he was utter shite but now he's had a run in the team United haven't missed Vidic a bit and that says a lot about what Evans has done.

Spot on, the rags loathe him too for some reason and i think he has developed into a very good player. He is better than Smalling and Jones.

Smalling is there best defender.

He was very good for most part of this season.

And I don't think Fergie said he's one of the best in the World, he said that he is the best or one of the best (probably former) in England.

MSP said:
He was very good for most part of this season.

And I don't think Fergie said he's one of the best in the World, he said that he is the best or one of the best (probably former) in England.
No, he was very good this year, as in 2012. He was fucking awful and a massive liability until around December when he pulled himself together. Apparently nobody can remember the early part of the season when the rags would shit themselves when they saw his name on the team sheet (like they did before the 1-6)

He is still an awful defender when attackers run at him. The way teams just let United play I think even I would look like a good centre back for them. But when teams go at him and Wio they look fucking awful and can tell they miss Vidic a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.