Jonny Evans is one of the best defenders in the world?!

Re: Jonny Evans is one of the best defenders in the world???????

I think Evans is under-rated by us blues but over-rated by the rags. Some of them think he is as good as Pique which is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard but still, Evans since the 6-1 has had a good season and is a good CB but certainly not one of the best in the world. Probably in the top 10 in the league this year. Don't think he will improve much, he is as good right now as he is ever going to be.

ForzaMancini said:
I think Evans is under-rated by us blues but over-rated by the rags. Some of them think he is as good as Pique which is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard but still, Evans since the 6-1 has had a good season and is a good CB but certainly not one of the best in the world. Probably in the top 10 in the league this year. Don't think he will improve much, he is as good right now as he is ever going to be.
Pique is the most overrated defender in the world. He's certainly not the best CB in football today which the media would have you believe. If you watch Barcelona frequently enough youll see he's an ok CB who can be a huge liability defensively on occasion. In fact, he's been dropped lately for Mascherano (who's actually been their best CB) due to this.

Barcelona are well and truly fucked when Puyol retires, which will probably be next season. Him and Mascherano are the only ones holding the Barca backline together.

Barcelona are well and truly fucked when Puyol retires, which will probably be next season. Him and Mascherano are the only ones holding the Barca backline together.[/quote]

Your not wrong there................and that should be a concern to us. Barcelona will have to buy at least 1 centrehalf. Now if you were Barcelona and looking to recruit a classy centre half who would be top of your list..........

Yep - VK

jay_mcfc said:
Whilst people might mock, I have thought for a while he should be a candidate for player of the year. You think where United were when Vidic got the injury to rule him out for the season and everyone thought City would win the league after that. But Evans has come in and been brilliant. You could argue their defence has been better with Ferdinand and Evans than it has been for some time, the 6-1 apart.

Fans of other clubs love to mock Evans and he did have a spell where he was utter shite but now he's had a run in the team United haven't missed Vidic a bit and that says a lot about what Evans has done.

i think you need to go and hand in your testicles

Wigan made him look like a pub player. I reckon I could look good in the rags back four the way some teams are mentally beaten before they even go on the pitch against them. Wigan showed that if you get at them and pass the ball quickly around their pedestrian midfield, they are very beatable

MSP said:
He was very good for most part of this season.

And I don't think Fergie said he's one of the best in the World, he said that he is the best or one of the best (probably former) in England.

Or the best in Trafford. Except for Vidic, Weo and Smalling.

I think he's been quite good since he established himself this season tbh and I used to think he was really shit.

Been the best defender in a team that may win the league.

Used to easily get bullied by forwards, but he's put in the hard work to turn his game around.

Hardly put a foot wrong since the 1-6. Harsh lesson, being sent off and watching your team get mauled, knowing that his mistake contributed [however little] to the outcome. Pulled his finger out.

Adam-mcfc said:
ForzaMancini said:
Pique is the most overrated defender in the world. He's certainly not the best CB in football today which the media would have you believe. If you watch Barcelona frequently enough youll see he's an ok CB who can be a huge liability defensively on occasion. In fact, he's been dropped lately for Mascherano (who's actually been their best CB) due to this.

Barcelona are well and truly fucked when Puyol retires, which will probably be next season. Him and Mascherano are the only ones holding the Barca backline together.

I don't think Pique is the best CB in the world but he is one of the best. He isn't having his best season this year but last couple of years he has been excellent.

I cant make a new thread yet so here.

Was reading my twitter feed and saw a brilliant idea! When Ashley Young dives, everyone has to stand up and hold up a poster/sign above their head with a '10' written on it! Spread the word!!"

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.