Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough,i'd obviously have preferred us to bring in a VVD type but circumstance seemingly doesn't dictate that.Much depends on Vinnys fitness too,its definitely somewhat of a gamble and a conondrum.....we keep him on the pitch and any of our other options will be plenty good enough alongside him.

I think we need to stop with the hyperbole,give the lad a fair crack and trust in Pep.
its not hyperbole to say he isnt good enough....he was poor at utd and plays in a 10 man degence now with lots of shieldong and cover.....he wont have any of that at us......he is a downgrade on what we have defensively now...at least mangala has pace strength and can defend one on obe ..evans can do none of it

against good teams where we will be required to defend and ahsinst teams that play o the break and with pace where he will have to defend one on one he 8s not goid enough by a long way....whoever has decided this transfer target is completely wrong

Tosin is miles away from being the 4th choice CB. He would have played much more preseason if he was being considered

Smacks as a last minute decision as I'm sure we could have got him for a reasonable fee at the beginning of the window if Pep really wanted him.

Despite being a Rag - he can defend so streets ahead of Mangala. Wouldn't be my choice but he's probably as good a 4th choice you are likely to get and we have to plan for all eventualities- he could end up playing circa 30 games.
people are comforting themselves saying he will be 4th choice ......when kompany gets injured which he will be at some point in the season and we suddenly have to start to use him then we will be in trouble...combine him with Bravo and its starting too look disasterous

Just got up.

Had a nightmare that City and Pep where trying to sign Jonny Evans.

Thankfully it was only a nightmare.

It was wasn't it?

Nathan ake
Jagielka
Harry maguire
Shawcross
Mawson
Ben mee

Would all have been different options for homegrown centrebacks at similiar prices. Sure there are some more I've missed.
I'd take most of em over Evans.

Surely Toisin deserves a slot at 4th choice? He isnt going to improve by warming the bench. Watching Maffeo rip us to bits the other night has got me wondering why all the payhways to the first team seem to be blocked. Slag spurs of all you like but they aren't afraid to throw in their youth team players. Are they that much better than ours?

Why on earth are people here saying 'If it's a cheap option to keep funds for Alexis Sanchez then so be it'? The figure quoted now is £25m for Jonny fucking Evans, It's not like it's £6m or £7m we'll be paying. Surely we have scouts looking across Europe that can find a good centre back for that sort of money, Not only to be (4th choice centre back) as people are saying, But a defender we feel that can start as first choice centre back! Regardless he's a rag, At the end of the day he's garbage and wouldn't make our bench from one week to the next.

Would Evans want to be 4th choice centre half?

His arse will be constantly warmed on the heated subs seats.

And that's if he makes those seats?

If I was him I'd stay at West Brom and play every Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.