Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has Jack Rodwell, Fabian Delph and Scott Sinclair written all over it. Why spend over 20m on a player who is only going to be 4th choice centre back? Why don't we keep Delph as the homegrown player to cover at left back and use the money we intend to piss down a drain on Evans and go and get Inigo Martinez or Davinson Sanchez?

I just baffle at the clubs decisions sometimes. How some of these people are in a job is beyond me. The club seriously needs a wake up call.

Agree
And we struggle to shift players like this then because nobody will pay their huge wages. We never fucking learn. If he's never gonna play why spunk 20m on him, just get someone out of the reserves or don't let clichy and kolorov leave

I'm sure he would have weighed it up. He's now reading this thread like

giphy.gif

Maybe he should read this thread...just because we are not all football managers doesn't mean we all don't know fuck all.

All managers make mistakes and this would be another one....but as I said it's up to pep isn't it ...but if he signs ( please God nooo) then if it's true what some have said about booing him that's bang out of order...never boo a blue.... might give them stick at home or on here but booing them is a twattish thing to do.

He's played in a World Cup final hasn't he?. I think he could learn a bit from him.
He didn't. He played in a World Cup quarter-final where Germany beat Argentina 4-0, played poorly and was hauled off for Pastore after 70 minutes.

I really like Otamendi and frequently defend him on here but in my opinion there are two types of centrebacks: Those who lead and organize the defense ('Primary') and those who play next to the Primary defenders ('secondary'). I know this is an incredibly simplistic way of looking at it but I think Stones, Otamendi and Mangala are currently secondary defenders while Kompany and arguably Evans are Primary. Stones is learning to be a primary I think but he needs time for that.

The reason we struggle so often when Kompany is injured is because it means we're playing with two 'Secondary' defenders which leads to a lack of organisation and responsibility. That's just my opinion of course.

Not a lot of love on here for the Otta.

According to Squawka stats, Otamendi was the 5th ranked best defender last season, behind Azpilicueta, Koscielny, Cahil and Vertonghen.

http://www.squawka.com/football-pla.../05/2017#season#1#all-matches#rank#desc#total

Johny Evans was 42nd; 1 place ahead of Kyle Walker.
Steve Cook 6th best defender, Kolarov 8th and Ashley Williams 10th best. If we compare top 5 European leagues, then Milner, McAuley and Winston Reid better than Bonucci. Daley fuckin Blind better than Ramos and Pique. Yep, makes total sense. Ota is a good defender but mate c'mon, Squawka is dogshit.

i think we are going a bit OTT its like the morning after Trump got in here on good old Bluemoon. its hardly one to tell the grand kids ,Where you were when the news broke about Evans Grandpa?

Not sure if this puts anything into context but on the PL stats ranking just defenders for 2016/17 Johnny Evans had the following positions.

56th position for most number of tackles made.
32nd " " " " " clearences made.
23rd " " " " " fouls commited.
10th highest for yellow cards.

Another way of looking at it is the age old game of comparing teams and asking who from them would you have in your team. Certainly Evans wouldn't have been when he was at united or wherever he has played.

My point is if we are desperate to bring in a CB there has to be a better one than Evans.

If he wasn't a rag this would make perfect sense. He's a very decent defender, and that's what we probably need - someone who can actually just defend. But he's a rag so it'll sit well with 99.9% of our fans

Experienced defender. Also a leader, something we miss when vinny is out. Would be a decent signing.

I'll be having arguements on match days if any brainless fool boos him, just for the fact he's ex united. Have some self respect

If he wasn't a rag this would make perfect sense. He's a very decent defender, and that's what we probably need - someone who can actually just defend. But he's a rag so it'll sit well with 99.9% of our fans

I think you underestimate 99.9% of fans. Seriously mate, not buying a decent player cos he played for united is a child's mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.