Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't. He played in a World Cup quarter-final where Germany beat Argentina 4-0, played poorly and was hauled off for Pastore after 70 minutes.

I really like Otamendi and frequently defend him on here but in my opinion there are two types of centrebacks: Those who lead and organize the defense ('Primary') and those who play next to the Primary defenders ('secondary'). I know this is an incredibly simplistic way of looking at it but I think Stones, Otamendi and Mangala are currently secondary defenders while Kompany and arguably Evans are Primary. Stones is learning to be a primary I think but he needs time for that.

The reason we struggle so often when Kompany is injured is because it means we're playing with two 'Secondary' defenders which leads to a lack of organisation and responsibility. That's just my opinion of course.

I think that would be the reason & the ONLY reason, there could be even an ounce of truth in this.

To all those still bigging up mangala
1 he is shit
2 cant defend
3 can't attack
4 no composure
5 Valencia don't want him back
6 no one else wants him and No obe will buy him

He had one good game against Chelsea
But then everyone worked out he is shit

Evans may not be great but he is an upgrade
But there again so is Titus bramble

And we were the only daft bastards to pay over 30m for him( it may have been more)
Do we just like throwing good money after bad ? Does it make you trust their judgements more when 20m + is considered a good deal for a player who left united for 8m and hasn't gotten any better or younger.

He's very much a confidence player. No coincidence he's been doing well at West Brom with the pressure off. Stick him next to Mangala for one game and he'd be off down the tunnel screaming after 5 minutes.

And we were the only daft bastards to pay over 30m for him( it may have been more)
Do we just like throwing good money after bad ? Does it make you trust their judgements more when 20m + is considered a good deal for a player who left united for 8m and hasn't gotten any better or younger.
Centre backs get better with age. Also, uniteds judgement is hardly the best with transfers. Interestingly mourinho said he would never have sold him i think? Actually no, but a lot of united fans. seem to rate him

He's a rotten raggy bastard and I don't really want him anywhere near our club tbh, as 4th choice cb, spending over 20m on him shows how fucking crazy football is turning, very quickly becoming disilusioned with modern day footy.

Did you say the same about Tevez?

Steve Cook 6th best defender, Kolarov 8th and Ashley Williams 10th best. If we compare top 5 European leagues, then Milner, McAuley and Winston Reid better than Bonucci. Daley fuckin Blind better than Ramos and Pique. Yep, makes total sense. Ota is a good defender but mate c'mon, Squawka is dogshit.

I just had a look at this site and found a completely different set of stats that showed Evans at 82nd one point above Denyar when both at Sunderland. How can one player be worth more than £20M and the other not worth a chance in the team he is employed by.

http://www.squawka.com/football-pla.../05/2017#season#1#all-matches#rank#desc#total

Steve Cook 6th best defender, Kolarov 8th and Ashley Williams 10th best. If we compare top 5 European leagues, then Milner, McAuley and Winston Reid better than Bonucci. Daley fuckin Blind better than Ramos and Pique. Yep, makes total sense. Ota is a good defender but mate c'mon, Squawka is dogshit.

I just had a look at this site and found a completely different set of stats that showed Evans at 82nd one point above Denyar when both at Sunderland. How can one player be worth more than £20M and the other not worth a chance in the team he is employed by.

http://www.squawka.com/football-pla.../05/2017#season#1#all-matches#rank#desc#total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.