Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
LmY5p.gif

Look what you've done to me city

i think he'd be quite a good signing actually. a ball playing centre back, whos also a winner. he was really good for west brom last season. if he didnt play for united, i think more would be alright with him coming here.

i dont get the obsession with mangala from some on here. i think hes been pretty average for us and on loan.

People have such a weird obsession with Mangala on this forum. He's not good enough for our system - if he didn't cost so much no one would care. He has his qualities, but they aren't right for this side.

Evans offers leadership, is very experienced and the ability to comfortably play on the left hand side in our system, something which Mangala can't.

A lot of people not reading this transfer right - we need someone who can step in and lead that back four in Kompany's absence. Stones, Otamendi and Mangala don't hold those qualities - Stones definitely can in the future, but he's still very young. Evans would be excellent for his development and at this stage, that's more important than sentimental value with Mangala.

Mangala was a failed transfer and people need to realise this.
I agree. It's a squad game, and this is about providing cover and enabling us in the one Summer window to go out and target a forward. The cost of buying another Kompany would be £60m plus for VVD and he might not even come. Arguably it would be £110m and he'd replace Stones.

It also tells me that City are confident in Kompany's fitness. If not, I think we'd have made a central defensive replacement for Kompany our no. 1 target of the Summer.

All Summer long, people have muttered about what if Kompany gets injured. And this helps us and at the same time allows us to develop Stones alongside Kompany because long term I think he is going to be a great player at City

Few other options off the top of my head:

1. Take a punt on ben gibson or jack stephans instead if it's HG we're after.
2. drop yaya back there and replace one of cdm positions now - instead of every f*cking team in the world knowing we desperately need 2 next season
3. If it's only the 4th choice - Stick with a Tosin/Mangala option
4. Use me Nan

A lot on here are overlooking the fact that the rag fans couldn't wait to get rid of him with some offering to drive him wherever.

Mangala is no good. Tosin is no good. We can forget both of them.

I don't care who Evans has played for previously. I only care about whether or not he can improve us and be a success here and on that score, I have serious doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.