Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isnt going to be 4th choice though is he. Ric made it clear that, even if he doesnt get injured this season, the club feel, quite rightly in my veiw, that vinnie's gametime will have to be carefully managed, so the two will interchange pretty regularly. To be honest I find the prospect of Evans marshalling a back line (Minus Vinnie) for 10 or 12 league games this season, very nerve-wracking indeed.

He's quite clearly going to be 4th choice FFS.

That doesn't mean he'll never play, it means he'll be 4th choice.

I get the feeling other factors in play here mate....This isnt just about whether Pep feels he's a solid defender...It would seem he wasnt even on our list of targets at the start of the summer and is likely a 4th or 5th option. For me this is all about budget and homegrown. Almost like going into a sweet shop and asking what can I get for my 50p! ;) Maybe he turns out a solid move but a big drop off in talent from original targets at the position. I'm sure people will start feeling a little better if the saving on this signing, is the difference in getting Sanchez over the line!
Do you really think our club operate this way - serious question

If he signs holding a burning rag shirt and is a dual announcment with Sanchez or Mbappe, problem solved.

Sounds like this is happening, West Brom know if we don't get Evans then we go for Gibson and drive the price up, and imagine Evans would like a return to the north west and a little extra cash, plus European football. At least it pisses off Pulis. Every cloud...

Let's hope it doesn't happen before Monday, it will be interesting to gauge Pep's reaction to the fans reaction

Why would he give a fuck?!

You seriously think Guardiola is going to scout a player, decide he wants him, agree personal terms, submit and offer and then....change his mind because some twats on social media think Evans is not all that?

He probably trusts his assessment of the player over a group of KFAs.

4th choice if you are playing a back three is a bit different from fourth choice left back.

I said he'd be fourth choice.

He'll be fourth choice. And Guardiola will probably go to a back 4 if one CB is injured anyway, so he'd need 2 to go before we rely on him.

No seriously.

Like you all I love City.

And I will always be grateful to Sheikh Mansour.

But we are becoming a laughing stock.

£18mill, £22mill, and now £25mill.

IMG_0602.jpg

The only laughing stock is you my friend.

I don't think i've ever seen a positive post from you since the SS3 thread where you were taking photo's, since then it's been fucking whinge, whinge, whinge.

Give it a rest mate, you're going to look a fucking right numpty if this signing actually improves us, i know who i'd rather have playing in an emergency between Tosin or Evans right now, it'll be the experienced player who's played in a back 3 quite often for NI and knows the game inside out.

Do i think the price is too much, yes, but with the market as it is there's no surprise they want over £20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.