Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not because he's an ex rag. If we sign him he'll be this year's Bony a waste of good money, especially if we fail to land a striker through under bidding. I think supporters are sick of this type of cash wasting.

Simple answer, because Jonny Evans is average at best, and that's being fucking kind.

Not the first time we'll have signed an average, or worse, player. Our defensive signings, particularly centre-backs, have been a laughing stock for years.

Hell, some on here think Stones is below average and I reckon I'm one of the few who thinks Otamendi isn't too.

Also he is 29

So experienced then, sounds like that's what Pep is looking for.

and we are trying to spend £20M on younger players (aren't we?).

Haven't we already? Bernardo? Mendy? Ederson?

Pep already said we'd be getting a few players aged 28-29 too. He likes a mix, experience and youth.

The rag attachment doesn't help, but it didn't hinder Carlos, the lack of ability will hinder Jonny average.

This is a red herring, pardon the pun. Nobody gives a fuck about his playing ability. Every page of this godforsaken thread has the word rag in it, every single one. Why? Because he's not just an ex-rag player, he's a rag supporter too. Carlos was a statement signing we poached from the swamp and is on an entirely different level.

Also I couldn't give a fuck that Pep doesn't give a fuck;

Pep's the manager, his opinion matters and yours doesn't.

football origins included being a way of the working man, or woman, letting off steam, I still am and still do. To think Jonny evans is not good enough by some considerable distance, and giving Jonny some shit on Monday, isn't flapping, it's common fucking sense

Feel free to do what you want, even though it's literally being mocked by the rest of the footballing world.

Ultimately Pep will assemble is squad and if he thinks Jonny Evans is the man he needs, he'll get him. I don't like the lad, but if he does join and he rises above your base, petty bullshit to help bring the title back to Manchester, then he'll be a legend.

I'm not keen on this move but with the amount of resistance from City fans ( most of it reasonable I should add) he'll probably turn out to be a really shrewd signing.

Not the first time we'll have signed an average, or worse, player. Our defensive signings, particularly centre-backs, have been a laughing stock for years.

Hell, some on here think Stones is below average and I reckon I'm one of the few who thinks Otamendi isn't too.

So experienced then, sounds like that's what Pep is looking for.

Haven't we already? Bernardo? Mendy? Ederson?

Pep already said we'd be getting a few players aged 28-29 too. He likes a mix, experience and youth.

This is a red herring, pardon the pun. Nobody gives a fuck about his playing ability. Every page of this godforsaken thread has the word rag in it, every single one. Why? Because he's not just an ex-rag player, he's a rag supporter too. Carlos was a statement signing we poached from the swamp and is on an entirely different level.

Pep's the manager, his opinion matters and yours doesn't.

Feel free to do what you want, even though it's literally being mocked by the rest of the footballing world.

Ultimately Pep will assemble is squad and if he thinks Jonny Evans is the man he needs, he'll get him. I don't like the lad, but if he does join and he rises above your base, petty bullshit to help bring the title back to Manchester, then he'll be a legend.

quote; "then he'll be a legend"

I will back the lad if we get him... but that's a tad steep fella.

Why do you, or anyone, think Pep should give a fuck what the "fans" think?

Pep has a job to do and if he thinks Evans is the man he needs then the overblown outrage, because he used to play for the rags, should (and will be) water off a duck's back.

While we're on the topic, fan opinion is pretty fickle. The same posters horrified at the thought of Kun being replaced, or even more attackers being brought in, are bleating that what we have isn't enough. KDB ran the gauntlet from unfit for Pep's system and sellable to the best player in the league last year. Opinion on John Stones, and whether he's worth the hefty cost we paid, changes by the match and his player thread is a trainwreck.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Evans is far from an enthusiastic signing, but we've just come off the back of one of our best transfer windows ever. Let Pep get his team and, if it doesn't work out, then we'll see about flapping.
Absolutely spot on - well said.
He wont be the first ex Rag that signed for us and no doubt the last. IIRC, the last one was held in pretty high esteem on here

Looks as tho this is happening wether we like it or not, £22m for jonny fuckin evens is a ridiculous amount of money but £22m is the new £11m is he good enough to be a first choice cb definitely not but as a contingency plan possibly, maybe, fuck knows only time will tell on that, looking beyond his raggy past and more to his wba appearances he's a decent defender not top draw obviously and I am torn on this signing but it's more an emotional rag bastard sort of thing, will I boo him in a blue shirt not a fucking chance I've I've not seen hysteria levels on this forum since the muffin/barm thread (#teammuffin) also can't see him being on £140k either more than likely £70k
If pep wants to sign him who am I to argue the guy seems to know his onions and we need an extra cb so if buying jonny fuckin evens frees up more cash for possibly Sanchez/Mbappe so be it
Shouldn't we at least wait till jonny fuckin evens makes a cock up first before we unleash the dogs on him
Does team shop tone even want to sell him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.