Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right - I personally think you could find a younger & cheaper 3rd choice. I think he's better than Mangala, but I'm not sure about 30m better.

maybe but it depends if they would want to come here and be a back up, which they would be. it seems like pep would like a player whos had experience of the prem. we've been linked with evans, bertrand, can. tbh i actually thought tosin played really well and could be one for the future.

maybe but it depends if they would want to come here and be a back up, which they would be. it seems like pep would like a player whos had experience of the prem. we've been linked with evans, bertrand, can. tbh i actually thought tosin played really well and could be one for the future.

Yeah, I thought Tosin looked very calm and composed yesterday. Only the coaching staff know if he's ready but I would love to see him get some playing time with the first team.

Johny F**king Evans is like a turd that just won't flush. He wouldn't be anything other than an emergency stop gap if we were absolutely desperate in January. I can't see us being that desperate........ EVER!

Ea3D_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

There are a lot of arguments for and against Evans.

I think it boils down to a cost/benefit analysis - what does Evans actually give the squad in relation to how much he would cost? Would he be first choice now? Would he be first choice at any point in the next 3 years? Does he have untapped upside? Is he significantly better then the backups that we've got? Is he available at a decent price?

For me, its a 'no' for all of the above. This isn't to say he's a bad player (because he's not) or that he wouldn't improve the squad (because he probably would). I don't care he played for United. I do care that he'd be 3rd choice (at best), likely wouldn't be here in 3-4 years considering his age, and his value is inflated coming from an English side. For me there are much better ways to spend the 30 million.
How would you spend £30m better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.