Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would need to be mentally tough to come here. The first mistake he makes especially if it cost us would see him ripped to bits by his own fans. I hope we get this window Right could cause problems otherwise. In the summer I could see the point, not at all sure now. He is that bI t older & Mango has been great at times. I would be more likely to go for Side show bob from chavs on loan, if we can’t get a number 1 target, than risk a player being a nervous wreck.

He would need to be mentally tough to come here. The first mistake he makes especially if it cost us would see him ripped to bits by his own fans. I hope we get this window Right could cause problems otherwise. In the summer I could see the point, not at all sure now. He is that bI t older & Mango has been great at times. I would be more likely to go for Side show bob from chavs on loan, if we can’t get a number 1 target, than risk a player being a nervous wreck.

Tbf he would either settle in & be good, or just be an obvious waste of money & barely figure. But no way would Pep just put him in the team regularly, being total shit.

As Pep is talking about not signing fill in players, i don't see how Evans could fit in, but then again, Pep made it perfectly clear we needed another top cb in May & then didn't sign one.

Sometimes Pep speak with forked tongue.

How would you spend £30m better?

I don't know the exact prices we're being quoted for players, but personally I think the money would be better spent put towards players with upside/long-term starter potential. Obviously 30m won't get you Van Dijk, but I think it's better to spend 60-70m on Van Dijk then 30m on Evans.

I guess what it boils down to is I don't think Evans is enough of an improvement over what we already have for the price he's being quoted.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact prices we're being quoted for players, but personally I think the money would be better spent put towards players with upside/long-term starter potential. Obviously 30m won't get you Van Dijk, but I think it's better to spend 60-70m on Van Dijk then 30m on Evans.

I guess what it boils down to is I don't think Evans is enough of an improvement over what we already have for the price he's being quoted.
Even better to spend 30 million on Virgil

Can't see how he is an improvement at all unless Pep has plans to use a back three more often in the New Year then it might make sense as he might be better at that than the Mangler.

How would you spend £30m better?
I'd buy a big fuck off boat, a few really nice holiday homes, some rental properties and investments and then offer to play left sided centre half myself when needed. Would save on wages too as I'd play for free.

I think most would agree with your sentiments somewhat, however the situation changes when an attempt is made to put forward a suitable candidate for the same money.

Don't you believe the club have already been through this process & arrived at Jonny Evans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.