Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ok to use the word....underwhelmed yet?
I know a few of us are prone to maybe overreact at times but this is one of those moments when I honestly can't find the words for such fuckwittery. I cannot fathom why we would do this

Manchester City have had an £18m bid for defender Jonny Evans rejected by Premier League rivals West Brom.… https://t.co/J3zqEI4EAC

For me this is nothing more than a wind up by our friends at the Biased Broadcasting Corporation. They even call WBA our Premier League rivals. I suppose technically they are, but seriously?

They rejected it because they don't particularly want to lose him, wasn't he their player of the year? If they knocked Arsenal back when they bid 20 million why would they accept less from us?

I think Ben Foster was voted their player of the season last year.

Forgive me for feeling just a bit underwhelmed about the possibility of Evans signing. Considering we've been linked with the likes of VVD, Laporte, I Martinez and Bonucci in the past, it's hard not to find a move for Evans somewhat disconcerting.

Whilst Otamendi and Stones have been solid signings, you could argue that we've failed to sign a high quality centre back since our takeover. We have a propensity to grossly overpay for players in this position.

been out most of the day,our kid popped round to my dads(happy birthday pop xx) and said have you seen who were after,"jonny Evans " I came on to bluemoon thinking id be reading its been a "massive" clarkie but it looks true.

for what its worth think he could do a job for us as a back up, I've just read that redcafe thread and most seem to rate him highly, im puzzled .

They would. To do a job for United. Give over mate, he's f***ing s***!

Have we not learned from Scott Sinclair, Bony, Delph and all the other costly mistakes we've recently made.

It seems the lunatics are running the asylum at the Etihad.

Wasting £18mill on Evans.

No wonder they put season ticket prices up again.

West Bromwich paid £8mil for fuck's sake - his value since then hasn't risen... like others have said better value to be had elsewhere... anywhere!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.