Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best players though don’t always need blistering pace as they read the game so well that they are in the right place at the right time

Why's pace so important for you? You break down a packed defence with guile, not running past them. Most importantly, it doesn't seem like a problem for Pep :-)

He's a different type of player to Dinho, but that doesn't mean he can't replace him in some games. There's been plenty of games where the opponent having 10 men behind the ball means that Dinho's athleticism is wasted and we can have a more creative player in that position.

I guess it comes down to how Pep plays him and the role he given...I think Jorginho is perfect for a Pep system but also have concern over pace...Your right, in the overall play this not an issue as we defend as a team but some of our issues at the back are individual errors and I think pace helps cover up some of those issues, especially when in one on one situations.....I think Jorginho's strengths far outweigh his weakness but I would have seen a guy like Fred as a more direct cover/replacement for Fern so maybe Pep has other plans...Getting Jorginho and Mahrez will be great summer business and only make us better.

Why's pace so important for you? You break down a packed defence with guile, not running past them. Most importantly, it doesn't seem like a problem for Pep :-)

He's a different type of player to Dinho, but that doesn't mean he can't replace him in some games. There's been plenty of games where the opponent having 10 men behind the ball means that Dinho's athleticism is wasted and we can have a more creative player in that position.
It’s not going to be as easy as your making out this year coming, Teams like Chelsea Liverpool and united I’ll throw arsenal in there too have got to improve and will do for sure because last year they were shocking.. teams were already beaten before we stepped out on the pitch last year and that’s something I’ve never witnessed as a city fan before. This season will be so much more difficult like we have witnessed in previous seasons all teams will want to beat us imo so in that case we need pace in the middle of the park for extra cover when dihno is rested that’s important for me gives us something extra and also provides extra protection something we don’t really have in our central midfielders

It’s not going to be as easy as your making out this year coming, Teams like Chelsea Liverpool and united I’ll throw arsenal in there too have got to improve and will do for sure because last year they were shocking.. teams were already beaten before we stepped out on the pitch last year and that’s something I’ve never witnessed as a city fan before. This season will be so much more difficult like we have witnessed in previous seasons all teams will want to beat us imo so in that case we need pace in the middle of the park for extra cover when dihno is rested that’s important for me gives us something extra and also provides extra protection something we don’t really have in our central midfielders

Maybe the next few seasons for us will be like when utd had teams beaten before they even played back in the 90s? I think if we make a good start to the season, 4 or 5 wins in a row, we'll keep our aura for the rest of the season. It's important we start strongly.

Danilo is nothing but average

Not in Pep and all of City’s coaching staff’s opinion, you know the very people that got their team to 100 points.

You’re suffering from the same views that grumpy old men near me at City suffer, unless they come in and are a world beater they’re not good enough.

Can you explain what about his game in particular is average?

Maybe the next few seasons for us will be like when utd had teams beaten before they even played back in the 90s? I think if we make a good start to the season, 4 or 5 wins in a row, we'll keep our aura for the rest of the season. It's important we start strongly.
Possibly well I hope your right, but from past experiences it’s always been more difficult to retain the title. It’s Something we have never done before, everyone will want to beat us for that reason alone, It hasn’t been done in ten years and only 2 teams have ever done it in the premier league, we’re good enough to do it and I’m sure we will but It certainly won’t be as easy as last year I promise u, I’ll be surprised if we reach the 90 point mark this year. Last year was special and will never be done/witnessed again. Still think we will win the league but will be much more difficult. We need to improve Mahrez will be great And Mendy will be like a new signing too so I’m confident.

And against those top teams we can play Fernandinho and Jorginho, play KDB a bit deeper, switch to three at the back, etc. We'll still come up against a ton of parked buses where Jorginho's skills may be more useful than Fernandinho's.

Not in Pep and all of City’s coaching staff’s opinion, you know the very people that got their team to 100 points.

You’re suffering from the same views that grumpy old men near me at City suffer, unless they come in and are a world beater they’re not good enough.

Can you explain what about his game in particular is average?
He can’t defend pal simple as that! I’ve seen him exposed by pretty much every player every time he’s been attacked when he’s played your going off FIFA or football manager a young kids view/opinion on him. It’s only my opinion. I’ve watched him every game he’s played this year and he’s simply not good enough for where we wanna be IMO.. if he was that good do u really think Madrid would have let him go so easily?? He’s not bad for back up I get that and I’m happy for him to sit on the bench week in week out but certainly not good enough to even challenge for Kyle walkers position in the big games next season and we all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.