Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comparison video between Fred and Jorginho - no opinions on it just a view of both players. You can see the differences between the players. Fred more dynamic, Jorginho playing deeper as a pivot, clever with his passing (one touch). Interesting that we were interested in fred and then changed to Jorginho as they are very different players. (maybe Fred was a replacement for Ferna and Jorginho is just an addition to the squad and not a replacement for ferna eventually?)

Comparison video between Fred and Jorginho - no opinions on it just a view of both players. You can see the differences between the players. Fred more dynamic, Jorginho playing deeper as a pivot, clever with his passing (one touch). Interesting that we were interested in fred and then changed to Jorginho as they are very different players. (maybe Fred was a replacement for Ferna and Jorginho is just an addition to the squad and not a replacement for ferna eventually?)

Hard to tell from vids especially playing in different leagues. However, for me Jorginho is better when pressed and also he has those Alonso type long range passes in his locker. Probably something Pep identified as needed when we are high pressed - with the pace of Leroy and Raheem we should see quite a few assists from a deeper lying player. Looks good.

Hard to tell from vids especially playing in different leagues. However, for me Jorginho is better when pressed and also he has those Alonso type long range passes in his locker. Probably something Pep identified as needed when we are high pressed - with the pace of Leroy and Raheem we should see quite a few assists from a deeper lying player. Looks good.
Also means we'll need KDB back there less allowing him to get further forward.

every time i watch Jorgohno on these vids i keep thinking of KDB's pass to Jesus for the last goal of the season.......

Also means we'll need KDB back there less allowing him to get further forward.

Ha...just posted something about KDB without seeing this.......completely agree....and that spells trouble for other teams if KDB is further forward as well....thuogh i did like him in that deeper role as well

Thought occured to me when you posted that I wonder if buying Laporte in January changed our thinking with what we wanted from a pivot ? I'm no tactical expert but just something that crossed my mind.

For some reason I had England v Italy highlights recorded from March. Just watched it and Jorginho totally ran the game

I personally really like both players. I think Fred will do excellently alongside Matić as I thought he would do an excellent job in our team. Very good passing range (not quite on Jorginho's level) and fantastic ball control, energy and long range shooting. Pep seems to want Jorginho more though and I can see why, his passing range and quickness of thought/passing is almost unrivalled, if he continues to improve his game (which under Guardiola is likely) he could reach the levels of Alonso, Busquets, Pirlo IMO. The reason we went for Fred in January, I believe, was because Napoli would not discuss terms for any of their players halfway though a potentially historic title challenge.

Has there been any real movement on this from general reports or tidbits from ITKs on here?

Seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.