Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be pretty laid back and relaxed re both our primary targets but clearly not got either of them over the line. Hope we don’t get another Alves situation where we had a gentleman’s agreement - only to get legged over at the 11th hour.

We seem to be pretty laid back and relaxed re both our primary targets but clearly not got either of them over the line. Hope we don’t get another Alves situation where we had a gentleman’s agreement - only to get legged over at the 11th hour.
If either Jorginho or Mahrez do an 'Alves' then they never really wanted to be here in the first place. End of. Pep will move on.

We have already seen that its not necessarily just individual technical ability that will win you a place in the squad never mind the starting 11. It has so much to do with attitude and respect.

Expect we have more than a gentlemans agreement with both parties and everything really is tied up pending a medical/unveiling. Just don't think we'd still be seemingly calmly playing with Napoli and Leicester at this stage with two weeks to pre season and everyone else doing good business if that wasn't the case.

As to the articles about it, well lots of Journos are probably as clueless as us but they know they can report breakthroughs and hold ups in the deal and people will still read it. Its not difficult to join up the dots into believable storylines regardless of whether or not they're accurate, especially in Mahrez case. I mean christ I wouldn't have recognised Kia's name a few days ago since he sounds like an extra on Jabba's sand barge, then some people complained on here and suddenly theres articles about it.

Sarri's appointment doesn't worry me either, he was as far as I know more of a head coach than a manager at Napoli and as such didn't have ultimate power on transfers, Chelsea have always operated like that so I don't see why they'd suddenly change their tune or why he would be in a position to suddenly demand a player. Also as I recall they have Bakayoko, Kante, Drinkwater, Barkley, Fabregas, Loftus Cheek and maybe more for the CM role so pretty stacked even if they change to a 4-3-3.

i really hope not , but the whole transfer business is beginning to get me down for some reason , how come its so difficult now to sign the players we want

Pre-season is the time I will start getting alittle fed up.....until July 9/10th there is no rush. One of the main reasons for selecting the players we did, was no WC so we could get them in for pre-season.... if we still havent got them signed by pre-season training/US trip, for me, only then will it show we failed to hit all our goals. I dont buy the whole, he's on holiday so he cant sign etc...the lad/his agent havent been able to hold back the excitement to join, so I'm sure he'd find a way to sign if it was done!;) If Liverpool can get a DM signed within 3 weeks of window opening and rags can sign a DM (who is part of a WC squad), no reason why we shouldnt be able to get our business done by pre-season....but that is purely my opinion!;)

If the blokes on holiday still, then that could be the holdup. Holiday ends, do medical, sign contract maybe.

If you were being offered your dream job (this team and manager) on a wedge you would leave your holiday early.
He’s not holding it up, its the agents grabbing every last penny they can now, while they can, before regulation is brought in

If you were being offered your dream job (this team and manager) on a wedge you would leave your holiday early.
He’s not holding it up, its the agents grabbing every last penny they can now, while they can, before regulation is brought in
I would in my industry. Not sure what I'd do as a professional footballer if it wasn't my boyhood club and we're not the lads boyhood club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.