Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me totally of the Alexis saga.
In what way? We know he definitely went for the money and there’s no disputing that. How is it all of a sudden embarrassing to miss out on a signing to Chelsea? They’re main players like we are. Remember the last time they had no CL football? They won the league. Who is to say that won’t happen again?
This is zero like the Sanchez thing. He was just a greedy prick.

Have a day off mate.

Though I did like the last sentence. Given Jorginho is about £50m, you're saying we're going to go and spend £150m on our third or fourth option. Amusing.

Lazio have already turned down an offer in the region of 80 million + player for SMS, Pjanic was being touted at 80 or 90 earlier in the window and Kovacic has a 300 million euro release clause. We could easily end up spending twice the 45 million pound fee for Jorginho. And if we did go after SMS it could be 3x just as easily.

Or we could dip into the bargain bucket and get Lemina but given how desperate everyone knows we now are I bet Southampton would ask for at least the Jorginho fee.

Press have some kinda briefing lol hope it just quiets down already but it just means that we are calling out the bullshit frauds

Playimg in the Europa League with Chelsea isn't great. Does he also realise that their best player Hazard is off to Spain.

So the MEN story doesn’t really shed any light on it.

Does anyone have Instagram who can confirm his mum/sister are following Chelsea?

There are others on here who clearly know more about our tactical needs than I do but I’d have thought that our pressing need is for a truly DM who is technically proficient, mobile, intelligent, can pass well and quickly turn defence into attack but who is primarily able to shield the back 4 or, more likely, back 2 or 3, when teams break on us - the main danger we will face against the majority of teams. That’s the ideal and asking a lot, I know. Jorginho, a deep lying playmaker with an eye for the quick pass, especially over the top to pacy forwards, seemed to be a player we saw as making us more effective against high-pressing teams. I think our urgent need is for the former. There again, having watched this WC, I think many Premiership managers may see set-pieces as a possible way forward to sneak wins against us in tight games.
BEST POST!! of the fucking day, been thinking and trying to say something similar but not half as well as you have done.

I don't know. We also have Laporte, Vinny and Otamendi to rotate - we have also gone after the kid De Ligt at Ajax?

Stones might actually enjoy getting more game time. In an England three, he essentially become the DM pivot, as he has to move forward to get the team out.
The question to ask (and I'll admit I don't know) is do you see Stones having the same qualities as Busquets. I'm pretty sure Pep wants Busquets 2.0 more than he wants a pure DM, even one with good passing range.

Lazio have already turned down an offer in the region of 80 million + player for SMS, Pjanic was being touted at 80 or 90 earlier in the window and Kovacic has a 300 million euro release clause. We could easily end up spending twice the 45 million pound fee for Jorginho. And if we did go after SMS it could be 3x just as easily.

Or we could dip into the bargain bucket and get Lemina but given how desperate everyone knows we now are I bet Southampton would ask for at least the Jorginho fee.

Our stance so far really smells of desperation? Anymore cooler and we'd be a block of ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.