Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to give up. It's common knowledge that as you get older you get more tired. Add to that that Fernandinho has been playing a insane of amount of games and is 33. It's pretty fucking logical he will be knackered very quickly next season.
It is, I’m afraid. Didn’t get many minutes, on the pitch, in the World Cup, but, worryingly, looked totally shot when given a start against Belgium

So the MEN story doesn’t really shed any light on it.

Does anyone have Instagram who can confirm his mum/sister are following Chelsea?

There is nothing other than rumor and the comments of the Napoli exec who cliams Chelsea are having both Sarri and the player. Celsea have said nothing and haven't even sacked Conte yet.

This could all be about Napoli putting pressure on Chelsea. This may have some leggs yet. For the record I agree with Preacher - he is not the perfect fit.

There are others on here who clearly know more about our tactical needs than I do but I’d have thought that our pressing need is for a truly DM who is technically proficient, mobile, intelligent, can pass well and quickly turn defence into attack but who is primarily able to shield the back 4 or, more likely, back 2 or 3, when teams break on us - the main danger we will face against the majority of teams. That’s the ideal and asking a lot, I know. Jorginho, a deep lying playmaker with an eye for the quick pass, especially over the top to pacy forwards, seemed to be a player we saw as making us more effective against high-pressing teams. I think our urgent need is for the former. There again, having watched this WC, I think many Premiership managers may see set-pieces as a possible way forward to sneak wins against us in tight games.

We conceded fewer goals from set pieces than any other team in the premier league last season, so if teams want to target that area, that's perfect for us.

Also I think someone like Jorginho despite his own lack of pace does protect us on the break because if you have someone like him creating from deep, helping unlock defences, you don't need to over-commit the wingbacks, and we can keep them ready to snuff out counter-attacks.

Pep's Bayern Munich almost eliminated conceding on the counter attack in their third season, and it mostly came from cutting out loss of posession against teams like Klopp's pressing them.

Yeah but all the player's are a year older now, can't expect them to go jumping all over the place.

Yes it is.

Chelsea a team with a weird concoction of no manager or two managers or half a manager, an owner who isn't even allowed into the country, no champions league football and who's latest transfer dealings include the huge successes of overpaying for Llorente, Bakayoko, Barkley and Drinkwater have managed to beat us to our top target who we agreed a deal for 15 days ago and then allowed to go on his jollies (because after all last time we let a player enjoy some time off in brazil that went so well) - and to make it all even more insulting the reason that is currently being given is that London is a better place to live than Manchester. Is it fuck.
We are 'Desperate' and 'we need to have a long hard look at ourselves'

That's the sad shit i was referring to.Total bollocks that only serves to wind people up and receive the deserved replies you have.This deal may not even be over......and if it is,it's because the Prem Champions and best run club in the country has decided so.

Take some of your own advice,seriously.

I think Stones has been the best player out in Russia for England. Given Citys high line there is an argument that he virtually plays in that role anyway. But actively seeking to convert Stones to DM, for City would be a disaster. Stones excels in relation to his passing range when the can see the picture before him. I don't see him coping well 10- 15 more yards further up the pitch in the thick of being pressed like hell. Not his game. He has only just turned another positive corner developmentally for me in Russia. His confidence and resilience seems to be back.The last thing he needs is a change of position, fans on his back after a few poor performances in a position he's not really equipped for. Let him be.

I agree. I think Pep will try to develop Laporte and Stones as his long term CB pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.