Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I was right in how I took that statement earlier, it's the owner who is shafting City here, not necessarily the player.

Definitely concur with @Mr HJ

If not Jorginho then Weigl, Thiago, Kovacic or a wildcard of some kind - Pep knows this position better than anyone, he'll make the right choice from what is available but most importantly they will represent an asset to City

If I were a City fan, I wouldn't worry in the least

So, where is the pic of him signing for Chelsea, there must be one because so many now have said he has

Been a great afternoon seeing who can out flap each other- prizes will be issued later :)

Be careful. You’re talking good sense there, bud. And, as has been previously suggested on here, his decision may be strongly linked to assurances that under Sarri he’ll be a definite starter in most games and that their central midfield will be built around him and Kante. We can give him no such assurances.

Or at least an assurance whatever percentage of his salary is paid in bonus is attainable even if he has a nightmare.

Definitely concur with @Mr HJ

If not Jorginho then Weigl, Thiago, Kovacic or a wildcard of some kind - Pep knows this position better than anyone, he'll make the right choice from what is available but most importantly they will represent an asset to City

If I were a City fan, I wouldn't worry in the least

Weigl has been very inconsistent in recent times. I feel he'd be too much of a gamble based on a great season a few years back.

Thiago and Kovacic aren't guys to replace the defensive qualities of Fernandinho. If something happened to Gundogan or God forbid KDB or either Silva, then they'd be perfect replacements there, but not for the 6 role.

Jorginho isn't a defensive monster either but he will sit there and adopt that Busquets like role. He may not be a better player than Thiago or Kovacic but he's definitely suited to the role of replacing Fernandinho better. I'd be very fearful of having Thiago or Kovacic there.

Ndombele looks very good. I've watched a few more videos of him and obviously they must be taken with a grain of salt but he's got some stunning qualities.

Facts are that
1. Napoli are a nightmare to negotiate with. From the outside it seems they try a play a game of poker and it seems they play an even harder hand when dealing with us. It's just the Italian way.
2. Chelsea are desperate to get rid of Conte and see Sari as a man who can change their somewhat downward trend - if Hazard also jumps ship they will need an even bigger rebuild.
3. Jorginho stated through his agent that he wanted to play for us especially with Pep in charge. Perhaps a combination of a bit of pressure from Napoli and the knowledge that Sari would make him the integral part of their midfield alongside Kante has turned his head? We have to accept that if it's is true. I still think he wants to come to us.
4. We are not as desperate, and have rightly set a limit, as others have said - we conduct ourselves a certain way with more integrity than Italian owners.
5. Their are other options and I trust Pep to identify someone we need. Yes it is always better to grow from strength but Marhez is a brilliant first step. They will get someone in if it's a big need - if Jorginho changes his mind and insists on us great, if not we'll be fine, For what it's worth I also predict we finish way ahead of Chelsea again.

In summary - we only need players who want to be here, are prepared to fight for a starting place, and are also good men that fit into an already happy dressing room. During the last few years the only player that didn't come that I think would have really done well is Isco. Van P, Sanchez, Alves and even Hazard made their choices and we still got 100 points in a record breaking season. If I was a top player there would only be one destination for me, but then again I'm biased! Last season was incredible and yet there were still a couple of players who didn't reach their full potential and that must be quite frightening to the other teams, hence why they are spending heavily.

Finally, I don't think Delph - as some have suggested - is the answer in centre midfield as his decision making is not world class - I would keep him on the left side, sharing the load with Benjamin, as he did a mighty fine job last year.
So come on Jorginho - do a Fernandinho and insist on your choice, based mainly on football reasons not just to make an Italian owner happier. We shall see very soon.
TOP POST

So, where is the pic of him signing for Chelsea, there must be one because so many now have said he has

Been a great afternoon seeing who can out flap each other- prizes will be issued later :)
Shak wins top prize for his nonsensical rant, anything else would be a travesty.

Be careful. You’re talking good sense there, bud. And, as has been previously suggested on here, his decision may be strongly linked to assurances that under Sarri he’ll be a definite starter in most games and that their central midfield will be built around him and Kante. We can give him no such assurances.
What kind of fanny needs to be told 'you are a definite starter?' So what does the player want in that situation? The knowledge that their performances could drop off a cliff and they'd still be chosen even not on merit? As if he wouldn't start here where we have 1 33 year old player competing for his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.