Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
A footballer who chooses his preference to where he lives over his career tells me everything you need to know about the mindset of the player.

I think that rationale generally holds good and I’d have to agree with you.

What has to borne in mind in this particular transfer saga are:

1. De Laurentiis was pulling some strings in the background during negotiations throughout the time the original bid was made right through to the denouement this week.

2. Our bid/bids were deliberately put on hold by DL to allow the painfully slow process of Sarri’s appointment to reach its climax with a view to squeezing and extra €5m from Chelsea on the purchase price and getting a sizeable fee on top of that to trigger the release clause.

3.The decision by the player to agree the switch to Chelsea was doubtlessly influenced by the fact that once he knew Sarri was a shoe-in to replace the hapless Conte, he would be happy the reunite with a coach who he knew well and what to expect tactically. He chose to ignore the lack of CL football.

4. The so-called involvement of family members who further influenced the decision on the basis of location and life style preferences is something that we have seen before - pace Dani Alves and his fashionista partner.

So, a very unsatisfactory outcome, but then we have to bin this now and move on elsewhere. There are plenty of alternatives and still plenty of time to source alternatives.

Who's Eva?

eva-longoria-at-8th-annual-bombay-sapphire-artisan-series-finale-in-miami-beach-3.jpg

Facts are that
1. Napoli are a nightmare to negotiate with. From the outside it seems they try a play a game of poker and it seems they play an even harder hand when dealing with us. It's just the Italian way.
2. Chelsea are desperate to get rid of Conte and see Sari as a man who can change their somewhat downward trend - if Hazard also jumps ship they will need an even bigger rebuild.
3. Jorginho stated through his agent that he wanted to play for us especially with Pep in charge. Perhaps a combination of a bit of pressure from Napoli and the knowledge that Sari would make him the integral part of their midfield alongside Kante has turned his head? We have to accept that if it's is true. I still think he wants to come to us.
4. We are not as desperate, and have rightly set a limit, as others have said - we conduct ourselves a certain way with more integrity than Italian owners.
5. Their are other options and I trust Pep to identify someone we need. Yes it is always better to grow from strength but Marhez is a brilliant first step. They will get someone in if it's a big need - if Jorginho changes his mind and insists on us great, if not we'll be fine, For what it's worth I also predict we finish way ahead of Chelsea again.

In summary - we only need players who want to be here, are prepared to fight for a starting place, and are also good men that fit into an already happy dressing room. During the last few years the only player that didn't come that I think would have really done well is Isco. Van P, Sanchez, Alves and even Hazard made their choices and we still got 100 points in a record breaking season. If I was a top player there would only be one destination for me, but then again I'm biased! Last season was incredible and yet there were still a couple of players who didn't reach their full potential and that must be quite frightening to the other teams, hence why they are spending heavily.

Finally, I don't think Delph - as some have suggested - is the answer in centre midfield as his decision making is not world class - I would keep him on the left side, sharing the load with Benjamin, as he did a mighty fine job last year.
So come on Jorginho - do a Fernandinho and insist on your choice, based mainly on football reasons not just to make an Italian owner happier. We shall see very soon.

If what we are reading is true, the reason he decided on Chelsea was the location. That is not a footballing reason which is why I say his mindset is wrong.
Yes, but you also said he is choosing location over his career. It's not like going to Chelsea is a bad move. They were the champions 14 months back. So, I don't see how is it going to affect his career.

This is genuinely one of the funniest and most pathetic running series of comments I've ever seen.

Amazing how you've tried to turn "33 year old might not be able to play 50 games in back to back seasons with no summer break" into "I'm a bigger blue than you, anyone who doubts Fernandinho's superhuman stamina is a F*#king shit fan, Fernandinho 4eva"
Human nature to make the best of a situation, and he does have a point. It's not as is Fernandinho has moved on. He's still an outstanding player and I don't think his game will dip as suddenly as Yaya's did. There are players like Lampard who went on and on. If the expression 'naturally fit' has any meaning, then it was made for Fernandinho.

I accept we need a defensive midfielder and it's not ideal but neither is it crisis point either.

Yes, but you also said he is choosing location over his career. It's not like going to Chelsea is a bad move. They were the champions 14 months back. So, I don't see how is it going to affect his career.
Which team do you think will be more successful over the next 3 or 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.