Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but you also said he is choosing location over his career. It's not like going to Chelsea is a bad move. They were the champions 14 months back. So, I don't see how is it going to affect his career.

That was 14 months ago with Diego Costa as goal scorer. They are nothing like that now and are a million miles away from wining the premier league going forward.

Obviously odds don't mean a whole lot but fascinating how Jorginho has gone from 1/20 to join City to slowly even money for Chelsea and even money for City, then gradually odds on for Chelsea as far as 1/20 to join Chelsea after ADL's announcement and a few more things this morning before back to 1/8 to join Chelsea are a few Manchester journalists have said City still in it and believe he wants to join.

If you were actually ITK you could make a fortune off one transfer.

It doesn't always work like that in football. Some players will have different preferences. I remember we signed Kolarov back then ahead of Madrid. Chelsea were rumored to be in for Aguero before we signed him. It's not like all the players we have signed were 100% commited to joining City at that time. People here need to understand that just because we won the league by record points does not mean that all top players will dream to play for Pep and City.

Be careful. You’re talking good sense there, bud. And, as has been previously suggested on here, his decision may be strongly linked to assurances that under Sarri he’ll be a definite starter in most games and that their central midfield will be built around him and Kante. We can give him no such assurances.

One lesson we can learn from this whatever the outcome, never negotiate with ADL and Napoli again.

It doesn't always work like that in football. Some players will have different preferences. I remember we signed Kolarov back then ahead of Madrid. Chelsea were rumored to be in for Aguero before we signed him. It's not like all the players we have signed were 100% commited to joining City at that time. People here need to understand that just because we won the league by record points does not mean that all top players will dream to play for Pep and City.
That and he gets to play for the manager he just had his breakout with. It's extremely arrogant to assume that all of our targets will choose City or else they obviously lack ambition or whatever else. We have to put in the effort on our side also and when you leave deals open as long as we tend to do, for whatever reason, you open the door to other clubs. Anyone we go for is going to be good enough to have other options, we can't expect they'll be 100% dedicated to the club before they've even signed.

So if a player signs for anyone but us, they’re not showing ambition? On that basis then shouldn’t we be signing everyone?
I'm not saying that. If you read back to my earlier post i'm saying he's choosing his preference of club by location rather than ambition which is not the right mindset you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.