José Ángel Pozo

I think Malaga would be a great decision. Javi Gracia seems to be a great coach. Sure he's probably more pragmatic than Pellegrini, but he believes in youngsters and his side is doing very well. If he could get 25 games or so in the La Liga next season, it would do him the world of good.

sam-caddick said:
He needs to go out on loan, for me he has stagnated in the EDS.

He's had a few injuries and I still query why he is playing the no.9 role more often than not. I know we've a fair few players who like that no.10 role but he's the pick of them for me. It's seems to be the clubs philosophy to get players playing in a variety of positions. Ambrose for instance has been pushed into a wider role which will help him develop his all round game. I can’t see Pozo playing anywhere other than in the hole professionally though. Last night showed how much better he is when he is allowed to play with freedom and find pockets of space. He ran beyond the defenders at times but also dropped in as well. I guess the idea of playing him further forward is to develop his finishing and help him interchange with other forwards in a 4-3-3 formation. He looked the player of old last night and I hope he really pushes on now. You could see from his time with the first team that he liked to receive the ball to feet and run the channels and was often ignored because of it. Milner was slightly more effective because he made the run in behind and allowed our other creative players more space because of it.

A loan would be good for him and I think he’d really make headlines if he got game time. Perhaps a move to Portugal or to Ligue 1 would help him develop. We’ve got Lopes and Denayer strongly knocking on the door of the first team squad and players like Boadu, Pozo and Ambrose with a season on loan could be in a similar position next season. So much talent in the academy when you think the likes of Humphries are 16 and our youth teams are winning a lot of trophies and plaudits. I’d like to see Tosin, Barker, Bryan remain with the EDS for another season as they develop physically. Too early for a loan for them I feel.

supercity88 said:
sam-caddick said:

He's had a few injuries and I still query why he is playing the no.9 role more often than not. I know we've a fair few players who like that no.10 role but he's the pick of them for me. It's seems to be the clubs philosophy to get players playing in a variety of positions. Ambrose for instance has been pushed into a wider role which will help him develop his all round game. I can’t see Pozo playing anywhere other than in the hole professionally though. Last night showed how much better he is when he is allowed to play with freedom and find pockets of space. He ran beyond the defenders at times but also dropped in as well. I guess the idea of playing him further forward is to develop his finishing and help him interchange with other forwards in a 4-3-3 formation. He looked the player of old last night and I hope he really pushes on now. You could see from his time with the first team that he liked to receive the ball to feet and run the channels and was often ignored because of it. Milner was slightly more effective because he made the run in behind and allowed our other creative players more space because of it.

A loan would be good for him and I think he’d really make headlines if he got game time. Perhaps a move to Portugal or to Ligue 1 would help him develop. We’ve got Lopes and Denayer strongly knocking on the door of the first team squad and players like Boadu, Pozo and Ambrose with a season on loan could be in a similar position next season. So much talent in the academy when you think the likes of Humphries are 16 and our youth teams are winning a lot of trophies and plaudits. I’d like to see Tosin, Barker, Bryan remain with the EDS for another season as they develop physically. Too early for a loan for them I feel.

I agree with this, Barker definitely isn't ready physically, albeit technically he is.

Tosin is an interesting one because he isn't even with the EDS yet, he is still an U18 player.

sam-caddick said:
supercity88 said:
sam-caddick said:

I agree with this, Barker definitely isn't ready physically, albeit technically he is.

Tosin is an interesting one because he isn't even with the EDS yet, he is still an U18 player.
Tosin has played a couple of U21 games I think this season but I can see him stepping up to the U21's more next season. Barker is over-aged for the U18's next season so should play less because he is looking a bit knackered right now, perhaps with the lesser number of games he's included in we'll maybe see him get the odd 10 minutes from the 1st team bench? Or possibly a loan to a division 1 team?

ColinLee said:
sam-caddick said:
supercity88 said:

Tosin has played a couple of U21 games I think this season but I can see him stepping up to the U21's more next season. Barker is over-aged for the U18's next season so should play less because he is looking a bit knackered right now, perhaps with the lesser number of games he's included in we'll maybe see him get the odd 10 minutes from the 1st team bench? Or possibly a loan to a division 1 team?

With Barker I would keep him in the EDS until January and just let him physically bulk up a little, after that let's see if he can get a loan into the Championship for the second half of the season.

At this moment in time he would get physically destroyed playing mens football and it could knock his confidence a little too much.

If he goes anywhere on loan, it needs to be somewhere that plays two upfront or plays and attacking midfielder with not a whole lot of defensive responsibility, as he's never going to be much use leading the line.

BigOscar said:
If he goes anywhere on loan, it needs to be somewhere that plays two upfront or plays and attacking midfielder with not a whole lot of defensive responsibility, as he's never going to be much use leading the line.

Well, he might be in 5 years. Leading the line against Leicester at 17 as an attacking midfielder isn't exactly enough to rule out his ability as a one man striker forever.

Even Sergio had a bunch of wank games when he was younger.

Agree with a loan move. He was too little in stature this year with the first team. A loan could help him develop and hopeful grow him physically.

The only youth players I see in our first team next year are lopes and Ichanacho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.