José Ángel Pozo

the guy has talent and future. Unfortunately this is not the right time at all in the season to be throwing him in.

Rooney was doing it for the other lot at his age, Hes in the squad for a reason now hes needed give him his chance

km09 said:
Rooney was doing it for the other lot at his age, Hes in the squad for a reason now hes needed give him his chance

I think some people are arguing that he's not needed at this exact moment, in their defense, because he really plays in a similar position to Silva & Nasri who are both fit. Throwing him into a position that is outside his comfort zone is a gamble, in the same way it would be to ask Nasri to play lone striker in a delicate part of his progression.

I'd personally love to see Ambrose up front at the weekend. But I love Pozo -- clever bastard, hope he's with us for years to come.

trevorriley said:
the guy has talent and future. Unfortunately this is not the right time at all in the season to be throwing him in.

But it's not a matter of choice.

We don't really have any option at the moment.

In an ideal world, yes, it would be better to take it more gradually with him, but our current striker situation means he has to play.

km09 said:

Rooney was practically a physically developed man at 18 - Despite all the talk of technique and skill don't underestimate the importance of sheer physicality when playing against grown men.

When you watch Pozo you can see him ready to make a run, but it seems like his team mates may not have the confidence in him yet and thus decide to pass it to someone else. We need to keep giving him chances and 1 day it will all fall into place, this lad can play football and we just need to keep the faith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.