Jose Angel Pozo

LoveCity said:
itisrising said:
MANCHESTER CITY are ready to offer Real Madrid up to £6million for 15-year-old wonderkid Jose Angel Pozo (People)

What. We have him for free (or near enough) don't we?

It was compensation, something like less than 1 Million.

What happened to it being a free transfer due to his age, like what Arsenal do? He sounds like a great prospect but are we really going to spend £5million on a 15-year-old when Mancini is allegedly not allowed to spend on players for the main squad till we sell the Argentine twat, Bridge, and Nedum?

Not buying that price tag, Arsenal bought Jon Torral from Barca for £300k because Spanish teams can only put small buy-out clauses on their players under 18 and they can't sign professional contracts there due to Spanish laws (meaning anyone can sign them).

Looking forward to the day we can produce local kids like that and they will be taken seriously with them being British and full of flair! Call me old fashioned but if we sign a 15 year old, I'd prefer him to be British. If real can produce them, we should be able to!

brass neck said:
Looking forward to the day we can produce local kids like that and they will be taken seriously with them being British and full of flair! Call me old fashioned but if we sign a 15 year old, I'd prefer him to be British. If real can produce them, we should be able to!

This may happen in the not too distant future with our Grade 1 academy facilities (first in Britain) and high quality coaching staff. We nearly got what you're talking about with two lads before the takeover - Johnson and Ireland (not sure I'd call what SWP had "flair") - and if not for physical (Johnson) or mental (Ireland) problems these two could have turned out to be special players. Imagine what we'll be able to do with our expanded scouting network searching the British Isles for kids, who will then come into one of the best academy facility's the world has ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.